Fayetteville, NC anyone?

New Member Near Fayetteville,NC

Hello every one in and near Fayetteville / Hope Mills, NC. I have been detecting on and off now for 15 years. I currently use a Tesoro Bandido II and have ordered a new Garrett GTI 2500 Pro that I will pick up this coming Saturday. If anyone would like to team up sometime for company and for safety (hey it's not nice out there like it use to be) and to trade ideas and locations please PM me at: [email protected] anytime. I am retired from the telephone industry at 59 years old and don't want to get "stove up" so I keep moving by going out with my detector every chance I get.

Hunt Safe,
Land Shark

New Member Near Fayetteville,NC

Just joined up here the other day. I live on the southwest side of Hope Mills and also am looking for a hunting bud for exchanging ideas and locations. I'm picking up a new Garrett tomorrow. PM me at: [email protected]

Good Hunting,
Land Shark

I too live on Fort Bragg, and have been stationed here for the last 7 years. I am currently at the tail-end of a medical board after having open back surgery, but I can certainly swing my MXT for a few hours without too much trouble. I am interested in finding people to hunt with mostly because I dislike hunting alone, and like it's been stated here, it's not a very safe place to be out alone lugging expensive equipment. The drop zones on Bragg are decent places, but DZ's such as Sicily were used as impact zones at one time, so you will find modern bullets as well as civil/revolutionary war era bullets, but the area is also littered with shrapnel and almost not worth hunting at all. If you were to head to one of the smaller LZ's or possibly Camp McCall(Spelling?) I did lose a $400 wedding ring about 100 feet from the bleachers and wouldn't mind a buddy to head out there with me to look for it while the plant life is still minimal.

My name is SGT Daniel 'Rocco' Ames and I can be reached at [email protected] or more easily www.facebook.com/glassjaw667

I am free to hunt most weekends, and due to my medical board my schedule is flexible until I start packing. I can hunt as soon as this coming weekend, and I start leave after the 27th, but I am staying in town. I know it's kinda cold, by I am a midwest boy, so I can handle some chilly weather. I am a dedicated and serious hunter, and can show some of my finds from different states, although I did find a quartz hide-scraper in the same hole with an 1860's Republic of COLOMBIA Army button in Harnett county a few years back. That's right, the country of Colombia. Weird right?

I live in Fayetteville, I am pretty experienced at bleeping stuff in the ground although I havn't been in about a year now. Everywhere I know about in Fayetteville is prohibited to do so. But yeah you can reach me at [email protected] of you have some spots in mind. I am also great at researching

Detecting locations / potential partner

Hi,

I am in Fayetteville too. I have a fisher CZ-7 and would love to go dig relics, coins, gold...anything. I would love to learn about some places to detect as I'm still new to this. Any interest just email me: [email protected]

Thanks!

I am new to metal detecting and would love to go find something or nothing!
I just dont know where I am allowed to go. I also need some advice from someone in the know. Im up for anaything.

Fayetteville Hunter here

Hello all. Fayetteville/Raeford hunter here. Looking for people who enjoy the hobby as much as me. Been Detecting for a little while now. Dont consider myself an expert but I like to think I can do a little bit. Hit me up if you wanna detect anytime.

Been doing some searching for legal places to md around the Sanford, Cameron area. Talked to Apex (up by Raleigh) director or parks and recreation and was told he would not allow me to md in city limits. Who the heck do you guys talk to to get permission to md in parks, ball parks, schools, etc? Really I'm just looking for someone to go out with who has permission to hunt some cool places. I've got a Fisher Gold Bug2 and a Pioneer 505 that need a workout. Please contact me at [email protected] if you can help me out.

I am Getting stationed at Fort Bragg

Getting a few people together here in Fayetteville to start a group of coin shooters and relic hunters. Let me know if you are interested.

I am willing to join your hunt, I have a Fisher F4, am heading there this weekend and will be heading to east coast beaches the weekend after march 10. If you are still looking for a group let me know will be checking back tomorrow and the next time I cn get internet service since new home. ChrisA

New to MD, would like to get out nd learn more

Hello all. Fayetteville/Raeford hunter here. Looking for people who enjoy the hobby as much as me. Been Detecting for a little while now. Dont consider myself an expert but I like to think I can do a little bit. Hit me up if you wanna detect anytime.

i am in the ARMY, was stationed at Fort drum, now going t Fort Bragg, will be there The weekend of 10 March, looking to meet people with the same interests.

I've spoken to the lady that runs the Cameron Town Hall and some of the shop owners as well and nobody seems to know of any old properties I could md on. What's the best way to find places to go? I'm beginning to get discouraged with this area. khestee, have you been detecting long? Is Southern Pines a good area? Does the city allow detecting in the parks?

Hey Slucier, just keep at it. That's the best advice I can give ya haha. It just takes a lot of phone calls to city officials, or park directors etc..... Even Private property is hard to come by. I have been turned town by a lot of land owners between Jacksonville on up to Kinston. Take a drive this weekend with a map, just start looking for some old back roads and watch out for old building sites. Sure then you have to find who owns it, and contact them, but a lot of these sites can be well worth the time and effort.

I can guarantee that all of you getting together to form a club will be great. We did it in New Bern and it has turned out to be a haven of new friends and experience.

Welcome to the hobby!

Hey jim my names john i just got back to ft bragg this week and i know of a few good spots for relic hunting especially bottles and some coins. Im moving my family down this weekend so anytime after that we can meet up and do some huntin

By the way i own a bounty hunter 505 i love 1800's bottles mostly and all relics. After i found a 1924 peace dollar and 2 morgan silver's within feet of eachother metal detecting i started doing it more often. I live on ft bragg so if any one wants to meet up and do some hunting jus email me at [email protected]

I also work on Fort Bragg and you cannot hunt on Bragg, to include Drop Zones, it is Federal Property

Yup, as far as the JAG is concerned anything you find on post/GOVT property is the property of the Federal Govt. Even that qtr you picked up @ the PX parking lot, you have to take it to the Provost Marshall. If you dig it is or can be considered an archilogical find. Either way it belongs to the Govt.

A buddy of mine found out a few days ago trying to scout a installation. First he was told if you dig 1" you need to file a dig permit with Enviromental and they would investigate and let you know if you are allowed to dig. Then he was told it was ok to MD but suface finds only, no digging. Followed by MDing but no digging deeper than 8". Someone @ the Provost Marshalls office told him it was ok but only in approved MWR areas. Finally, he was told a brief investigation by the JAG office stated that MD is off-limits due to everything being Federal Property. And that settled that. :no:

BTW I lived in Sanford a while back ;)

Sorry Guys

I fell out for awhile, (long While), to deal with some work and personal health issues. Health has returned and business is settling into routine. Thank you everyone for the posts in response to getting together here in Fayetteville.

Stay off Bragg is my best advice. I am retired and there are some locations on there you might want to dig but there are too many regulations.

In NC MD'ing is frowned upon, for the most part, but is allowed on all the State land, as long as you don't dig. HAHA. It falls under excavating and none is allowed, even in the smallest of amounts.

Working together we can target landowners in the area and I have some great leads. In the fall after harvest is the best time to approach our farmers or in the spring before they prepare the fields.

I will go over all the emails that were put on here and contact each of you in the near future. I would like for us to get together at a local library or coffee shop to begin forming a group.

I have gone out with a couple folks on here but over the last year or so quite a few have been added.

It is good to still be on this side of the grass.

Keeping swinging

Newb in Fayetteville, nc

Is the Fay club up n running? Im new to md'n.

Thanks!
Jim

Back
Top Bottom