• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Show me your Digger

When did they start issuing Buckmasters? The only thing I ever saw by them was when they tried to replace the bayonet with that over sized hunk of metal.

Well, there were only 54 of them issued to the people in our unit. It was 1992 and we headed to Bahrain. Spent 9 months sweating our rears off, then came back home. The XO ordered them, academy guy, good guy, just no common sense. He saw it in a Cabellas catalog or something, thought it was a good idea. It stayed in my locker in Florida, never left the States. It's rediculously heavy and frankly we had NO use for them. Gerber multi-tool worked best for our needs.

And after some thought, there's no way I'd get rid of it or modify it. It's too cool. I may put it in one of the shadow boxes.

I just got an Ames True Temper for $10 =)

now to save up for a lol brand sheath hehe

OK... Primary and back-up diggers, in order of acquisition... And yes, I HAVE used them all at some point. I have a new sand scooping tool on the way as well. Keep an eye open for the thread when it's mine!

7062-Softouch-R-Trowel_product_main.jpg

Big-Grip-Multi-purpose-Planting-Tool_product_main.jpg

PREDATOR tool.jpg

entrenching tool.jpg

2ScoopLrg B.jpg

WMF_soup_ladle.jpg
I don't have a pic of my ladle, but mine is all plastic and only cost a couple bucks

04092011f.jpg

Chicago, I just replaced my Lesche handle too because the plastic handle was slipping and uncomfortable. I used a foam handle like you did from my weed wacker and it works great. I tried all kinds of bicycle stores but they don't seem to carry the foam padded handle grips anymore. You just use a little dish soap and slip them on and they lock tight and very comfortable and rinse off well. They used to be very popular 20 years ago. I can only find them on the internet.

Chicago, I just replaced my Lesche handle too because the plastic handle was slipping and uncomfortable. I used a foam handle like you did from my weed wacker and it works great. I tried all kinds of bicycle stores but they don't seem to carry the foam padded handle grips anymore. You just use a little dish soap and slip them on and they lock tight and very comfortable and rinse off well. They used to be very popular 20 years ago. I can only find them on the internet.

wrap that in electric tape and you won't get dirt all in it =)

It sure makes a big difference and i like the Lesche a lot more these days. Keep an eye out for the foam found on those large ice scrappers and you can get even more control over the beasty with the bigger foam handle ;)

Well, there were only 54 of them issued to the people in our unit. It was 1992 and we headed to Bahrain. Spent 9 months sweating our rears off, then came back home. The XO ordered them, academy guy, good guy, just no common sense. He saw it in a Cabellas catalog or something, thought it was a good idea. It stayed in my locker in Florida, never left the States. It's rediculously heavy and frankly we had NO use for them. Gerber multi-tool worked best for our needs.

And after some thought, there's no way I'd get rid of it or modify it. It's too cool. I may put it in one of the shadow boxes.

WOW!!!! DO NOT USE THAT AS A DIGGING TOOL!!! Those are worth crazy money!!!

For Example- http://cgi.ebay.com/BUCK-model-184-...306?pt=Collectible_Knives&hash=item3a67a47cf2

Might also look into Home Depot, in the Air Conditioning isle. They have foam insulation that slips over the copper tubing running from the outdoors compressor. Holds up pretty good, cheap.

The S.O.R.B.O.S. is here! (ok, I finished the prototype anyway)

OK... Primary and back-up diggers, in order of acquisition... And yes, I HAVE used them all at some point. I have a new sand scooping tool on the way as well. Keep an eye open for the thread when it's mine!

View attachment 102486

View attachment 102487

View attachment 102488

View attachment 102489

View attachment 102490

View attachment 102494
I don't have a pic of my ladle, but mine is all plastic and only cost a couple bucks

View attachment 102493

Here it is, my Small Object Recovery Bend Over Scoop or SORBOS. Ok, OK... so I had to have a little fun here, it still works really sweet on those small post/stud earrings and tiny objects that fall through the 5/8" holes in my big scoop. I've shown it here with an antique beavertail for size reference and with one of the small things that fall right through my big scoop.

Attachments

• SORBOS.jpg
    SORBOS.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 2,746
Here is a motorcycle grip from my motorcycling days. I've used it on my Tek 9000 hip mount for over twenty-five years. It is comfortable and has held up great. I don't know if it would work on a digger or if they even still make it. I'm sure they would have others that would work too.
grip.JPG

Here's the answer to my digging tool. I was organizing some drawers in my office and came across this which was issued to me back in the military. It was never used. I think I'll blunt the tip and dull the blade a bit. Nice !!

Please tell me you are pulling my leg.....if not, let me give you $200 for it and you buy a plethora of digging tools!

Here's what I use. Walmart has Fiskars for $7.00 you can't beat it.

I picked up the $7 Wal-Mart special tonight. Looks great but haven't used it yet. I hope it holds up. What are you doing for a sheath? Any idea where I can get one relatively cheap that will fit?

Back
Top Bottom