• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Newbie question: depth at beach sand?

Fielder

Two Youtube demos on the beach. In first we see a rather disappointing depth for the Tesoro Sand Shark past 10" (5:30 into video).

In the second we see the Nokta Gold Sense easily reach over 24" with very strong signals (6 minutes in to the video).

OK given the Gold Sense is not even waterproof on all it's parts, and costs $1000 instead of $600 it still is going 3 times as deep as the Sand Shark. So my newbie question is why the Gold Sense is not selling at all, whereas the SS is very popular?

Obviously I don't understand some basics... :no:

Nokta gold sense:
http://noktadetectors.com/golden-sense-metal-detector.asp

Looks like you are trying to sell us something to me.:lol: You the same guy doing comparisons on Tom Ds site? He took a lot of flack.

Dew

Looks like you are trying to sell us something to me.:lol: You the same guy doing comparisons on Tom Ds site? He took a lot of flack.

Dew

So I say twice that I'm a newbie , and therefore have no experience, and you really think I'm doing comparisons nor trying to sell something?

The fact is I own nothing to either compare or sell, so the answer to your question is no.

I think if they used the same measuring system, inches to centimeters
results would be.......

Single frequency detector

If the 1 is single frequency it will be hard to use on a beach. Also can't compare it against a pi machine.
Peaking my interest enough to check it out though :lol:

The reason is clear. People are more willing to spend $600 than they are to spend $1000. It is simple economics and human psychology.

Two Youtube demos on the beach. In first we see a rather disappointing depth for the Tesoro Sand Shark past 10" (5:30 into video).

In the second we see the Nokta Gold Sense easily reach over 24" with very strong signals (6 minutes in to the video).

OK given the Gold Sense is not even waterproof on all it's parts, and costs $1000 instead of $600 it still is going 3 times as deep as the Sand Shark. So my newbie question is why the Gold Sense is not selling at all, whereas the SS is very popular?

Obviously I don't understand some basics... :no:

Nokta gold sense:
http://noktadetectors.com/golden-sense-metal-detector.asp

I've used Noktas products at salt water beaches. I've aposted forum threads that told their reps that if they can outperform my MF -VLF minelabs or PI machines that I would film it and buy one on the spot. ...even added I would buy drinks just for coming down to Florida, win or lose.

To this day, they have not taken me up on the offer. Actions speak louder than cheap YouTube videos.

Last edited:
If there was a detector that reached 24" we all would own it. I can get 24" on a large target like a buried anchor. You will never dig a gold ring at 24" and gold is the ONLY game in town. Other targets are just fun.

Attachments

• 20171029_190329.jpg
    20171029_190329.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 200
Back
Top Bottom