As far as metal detectors go who is the Cadillac of them all

They are big, expensive, luxurious, and require expensive dealer repairs when they break down. Most people can't afford them, and they certainly aren't the "right" car for most people, but there are a lot of people who want them just because of the status symbol they represent. They are a great car, but not "perfect".

I think you mean a Bentley. Cadillacs are so 1980's...

Drive what ya like, they all get ya from point A to point B, some just do it with more style, some do it faster, and some do it more efficiently:lol:

I was just joshing bud. It is funny though, what was considered luxury back in the day vs now. When this thread first appeared I was thinking "who would want a Cadillac?"...but being 40 and born in the 70's, I knew the gist of what the OP meant.

I was just joshing bud. It is funny though, what was considered luxury back in the day vs now. When this thread first appeared I was thinking "who would want a Cadillac?"...but being 40 and born in the 70's, I knew the gist of what the OP meant.

OH I know, I'm just clowning and have been this entire thread, I was never mad or upset or any of that. It's been comical IMO.:cool:

I think too many people don't understand what a "Cadillac" is. A Cady isn't the best. It's not the fastest, it's not the biggest, its not even the most expensive.

What are Cadillacs? They are big, expensive, luxurious, and require expensive dealer repairs when they break down. Most people can't afford them, and they certainly aren't the "right" car for most people, but there are a lot of people who want them just because of the status symbol they represent. They are a great car, but not "perfect"

What detector fits those attributes? I'd say the Minelab CTX. It's great at a lot of things, but certainly not the "perfect" detector (which doesn't exist). I'll pick another for scuba detecting, another for gold nugget hunting, and another if being light-weight is important. But what it does do, it does very well. Just don't confuse "cadillac" with "perfect for all situations"

You'll be glad to know about the new "Cadillac Subscription Service" where, for a monthly fee, you get your choice of popular Cadillac models for however long you want the model, then the ability to switch to another model.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebus...e-as-new-user-model-for-new-age/#cd28d66aa822

Maybe metal detetcor manufacturers will start similar services? :D

You'll be glad to know about the new "Cadillac Subscription Service" where, for a monthly fee, you get your choice of popular Cadillac models for however long you want the model, then the ability to switch to another model.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebus...e-as-new-user-model-for-new-age/#cd28d66aa822

Maybe metal detetcor manufacturers will start similar services? :D

Awesome! I could swap out my CTX for an excal when I go the Caribbean, then for a GPX or GPZ when I go to the gold fields or deep relic hunting.

If it hasn't been said....the one YOU know how to use. I see a fair amount of people skipping from this to that...learn a machine. "Overall all around versatility and capability"? CTX. Results don't lie. Others are VERY good,but all around goes to the CTX. This is from some experience and looking at what has been found and with what,and the conditions in which things were found. Most of the time,it's after several other hunters and machines have combed the area for years. It's in the signal processing....IMHO. Is it "best" in every category? No.

I'll throw in a vote for the CTX 3030 if I had the budget for it I'd go for one.

Let me use one for half an hour. I will prove to you it is not.

Hey, I would believe you too. You and a ton of guys on here are better detectorists than I. It's that I see that CTX on tv shows on treasure hunting , like Gary Drayton digging great finds with one, that hooks me a bit. I guess I'm looking at that price tag, about 2500 that seems to say it's full of great electronics?

Hey, I would believe you too. You and a ton of guys on here are better detectorists than I. It's that I see that CTX on tv shows on treasure hunting , like Gary Drayton digging great finds with one, that hooks me a bit. I guess I'm looking at that price tag, about 2500 that seems to say it's full of great electronics?

That is not the reason! I am not better than anyone else. I just have places to go that nobody else can get to. If someone had a CTX they thought would be better than any detector I could ever use, I would just borrow it and dive down to 30 foot and see how long it lasts!!

I have used and owned two different CTX's. A good detector. Worth the price difference? Not in my opinion. It won't find anything an Equinox can't find. It may identify trash better but that is not worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom