Tell us your rarest finds here!!!

i got a 1921d merc. and a 1680 spanish cob 1 maravedis. war of 1812 artillery cuff button.

Yeah, I am going to advertise on a public forum something rare that I found...

Good thing these posts aren't aggregated and cached by numerous web crawlers of dubious origin.

Yeah, I am going to advertise on a public forum something rare that I found...

Good thing these posts aren't aggregated and cached by numerous web crawlers of dubious origin.

Well if your a smart man your valuables are secured properly..... so you should have no need to worry.

Last May I was allowed to hunt the 1700s homesite of Daniel McGirts who was an officer in the Revolutionary War but became a turncoat and went over to the British. After the war, he fled to NE Florida and started a plantation and ultimately became a pirate. Found these two items about 30feet apart. One is a Victorian Lady’s purse in fantastic condition. Sterling silver with gold overlay. The second item is a 1783 Georgvis Triumphos. Minted to honor George Washington for winning the war (George Triumphs) it has King George III’s bust on it and he lost the war. Very scarce.

Attachments

• 5FFC3D40-1BD7-43F2-A7E4-ED20AF3E64CA.jpg
    5FFC3D40-1BD7-43F2-A7E4-ED20AF3E64CA.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 324
  • 64BB82FC-05F8-4C43-8CFB-828B85EB0A20.jpg
    64BB82FC-05F8-4C43-8CFB-828B85EB0A20.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 314
Rarest for me is the one and only, after nearly 50 years of looking, 1835 Capped Bust half dime. Southwest Kansas isn't well known for really old coins.

4_10_2016_halfdime2.jpg

WELL not to brag, sure a gold/silver coin is great....but I found the Oak Island loot...:lol: last year, what am I going to do with all these bottles of Grog.

Last edited:
This token is from a hacienda that canadianguy and myself have been working over, rarest of the rare. Imagine a coin that was only used locally, like only on your plantation and it not even accepted down the street. We have probably dug a total of 100 or so different tokens there of all different denominations but between the two of us we have a grand total of TWO of these, one each. We have the only complete collections that I know of from this spot and I know alot of local collectors who did not know this one existed until I showed it to them.
I would guess the total production of this token at well under 100 total.
I am not showing the other side of the token as it has the name of the hacienda on it, and I am not giving that info out until we are pretty sure we have thoroughly worked it over this winter.
Needless to say it stays in my collection until the day I find a nicer example, and then I will let this one go...

Attachments

• IMG-20170223-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20170223-WA0001.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 282
With out a doubt this is my most valuable find, the chain link I was not able to find...it did not appear like much until removed the crusty dirt off it. One of my best find's......and honestly even if found Oak Island treasure still my best find.

It is with my best friend now, if you look close you can see the gold frame is in two sections. I easily split it in two parts.

A few years ago my mother left us , she had a good and long life with many up's and down's but mostly a happy life..

I put half of my favorite find in my wallet and my mother has the other half, so in a way I do have have a link.

oj/bc

Attachments

• IMG_1100.jpg
    IMG_1100.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 262
With out a doubt this is my most valuable find, the chain link was not able to find...it did not appear like much until removed the crusty dirt off it. One of my best find's......and even if found Oak Island treasure still my best find.

It is with my best friend now, if you look close you can see the gold frame is in two sections. I easily split it in two parts.

A few years ago my mother left us , she had a good and long life with many up's and down's but mostly a happy life..

I put half of my favorite find in my wallet and my mother has the other half, so in a way I do have have a link.

oj/bc

That is a great story and a wonderful link!

Confederate North Carolina "Sunburt" Button
Found in upper east tennessee at a camp site.

I honestly didn't even know what it was until I got home and looked it up.
No ideas on what it's worth. Never thought of selling it. I honestly haven't looked at it in year. I'm just now getting back into detecting.

Rarest for me is the one and only, after nearly 50 years of looking, 1835 Capped Bust half dime. Southwest Kansas isn't well known for really old coins.

4_10_2016_halfdime2.jpg
Either is Western WA. Nice find!

Oldest coin- 1950 S wheat penny.

Found this earlier in the year this year. I have never seen another posted here. 1860 presidential token for Stephen Douglas. Lincoln's opposition in that year's election. It originally had a picture in the center. Back is toast.
b79e980cc755ef8d394848549a8e79c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Found this earlier in the year this year. I have never seen another posted here. 1860 presidential token for Stephen Douglas. Lincoln's opposition in that year's election. It originally had a picture in the center. Back is toast.
b79e980cc755ef8d394848549a8e79c5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Toasty!

Oldest coin- 1950 S wheat penny.

Back
Top Bottom