Scraping aluminum cans

bassmaster1255

I have a trash bag full of crushed aluminum cans and I was wondering how much they're worth. I know aluminum is about .50 a pound but I would like to know how much I should expect to get. Thanks for any help.

I have a trash bag full of crushed aluminum cans and I was wondering how much they're worth. I know aluminum is about .50 a pound but I would like to know how much I should expect to get. Thanks for any help.
26-28 cans per pound. Weigh em or count em. Do not trust the scrap yards. They will short change your weight every time.

Well said beerdoodle. Make the scrap yard put the cans in the middle of the scale and not on the edge too. I have five trash bags waiting to go to the scrap yard.

Doug

Im also saving up cans! But I want to make it worth it when I scrap them!

Well said beerdoodle. Make the scrap yard put the cans in the middle of the scale and not on the edge too. I have five trash bags waiting to go to the scrap yard.

Doug

edging is the oldest trick in the book. They do that on all scrap, not just cans. They get pissed off when you call em on it as well.................

Man, our scrap yard is great! I used to weigh my stuff before I took it, but they were always right on, sometimes getting more weight than what I weighed (probably since his scales are certified.) They always center the stuff on the scale, and are generally pretty pleasant to deal with. No complaints here! Curt

who do you use

Man, our scrap yard is great! I used to weigh my stuff before I took it, but they were always right on, sometimes getting more weight than what I weighed (probably since his scales are certified.) They always center the stuff on the scale, and are generally pretty pleasant to deal with. No complaints here! Curt

Who do you use? I use Bannons scrap in Morgantown Pa.

metal guy wont touch crushed cans dude. he just get mad at you and say he dun take dirty aluminum. from my experience. metal guy likes good solid clean aluminum. metal guy might take it if you have a half ton of aluminum and about a garbage bag of cans to add to it...but grudgingly.

gl

metal guy wont touch crushed cans dude. he just get mad at you and say he dun take dirty aluminum. from my experience. metal guy likes good solid clean aluminum. metal guy might take it if you have a half ton of aluminum and about a garbage bag of cans to add to it...but grudgingly.

gl

I guess it depends on the place :?: I took about half a pickup load - mix of crushed and not crushed I've collected over the last year. Recycler didn't care, weighed them, and emptied them into a shredder. Got $.70 per pound. $26.50.

I took along two car batteries setting outside my buddy's garage for a year and got $.25 per pound. My buddy was shocked to get $20.25. :shock:
So this week I found more lead acid batteries and made another run... 178 pounds, got a check for $44.50. :D

Back
Top Bottom