View Single Post
Old 01-26-2018, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Luv2SwingIt View post
I would like to start a discussion about seeking permission. More specifically, permission to hunt around someone's house/property. I've been in the hobby now for quite a few years and for some reason, I just can't seem to muster the courage to "cold call" on folks to ask permission. Yes, I know, the worst that they can say is "no" but there's a level of uncomfortable there that I can't seem to shake. I know that once a few permissions are granted, then courage to knock on a new door gets easier. So, I'd like to ask everyone what their approach is. Do you offer to relinquish/share your finds with the owner? Thanks for the input or advice! HH to all!
Hi Luv2SwingIt...
Several threads on the Forum about "Getting Permission". Check them out.
Here's a thread with a video I posted a while ago that might be useful for anyone looking to increase their chances of positive responses from those you are seeking permission from.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=253424

Jim

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett Propointer II, Gray Ghost Headphones, Wilcox 102 digger
~ This message was composed entirely from recycled electrons ~