Lets talk T2 Classic

When hunting deep in iron you might want to try monotone.
The F70/F75 monotone and 6 on the disc.
On the T2 set the disc at 21 to take advantage of this technical information.

http://www.dankowskidetectors.com/discussions/read.php?2,2251

I hunt in some very difficult mineralized soil with crazy amounts of extra iron.
Monotone, (and disc even lower at 0 or 1), and All Metal are my most common settings and I have found plenty in many difficult and so called hunted out sites.

Thanks for that info.It was 18 degrees here today.I went for a bit with the T2.Ground balance was 48 in todays soil.Not a lot of targets and quite frankly ,it was too cold to be out today, the wind cut through bitter cold today. Most interesting thing was the washer thingy, I still don't know what it is.. DSC02686.JPG

DSC02687.JPG

DSC02688.JPG

Thanks for that info.It was 18 degrees here today.I went for a bit with the T2.Ground balance was 48 in todays soil.Not a lot of targets and quite frankly ,it was too cold to be out today, the wind cut through bitter cold today. Most interesting thing was the washer thingy, I still don't know what it is..

That is just too cold to be sticking the fingers into the ground. :shock:

The washer if it was threaded looks like you would use a tool to turn it, but I do not see any threads so not sure.

Ray

That is just too cold to be sticking the fingers into the ground. :shock:

The washer if it was threaded looks like you would use a tool to turn it, but I do not see any threads so not sure.

Ray

That was my thought to but no threads. My porter cable skil saw has similar holes a wrench fits to tighten it but it is threaded,unlike this piece.

My Nel sharpshooter coil for the T2 is sitting at the post office waiting to be delivered today. The snow is melted down to where you can cut cube chunks to remove a solid block at a time. I'm going to remove a 10' section and hunt it thoroughly today. It's been a while since I've been able to get out.

It was 28 degrees, took the Sharp shooter to a tot lot that was wind blown bare of snow in isolated spots. The sharp shooter seems hotter on targets, Overall better. The soil was as bad as I've seen for my area, 76 for a ground balance. I ground balanced several different areas thinking it has to change but it only changed a number either side of 76, 77 tend to be the majority of the ground balances. The T2 chattered a bit more than usual but it wasn't a bad thing. I dug three trash bits, a nail, a bottle cap and a square tab.
DSC02719.JPG

Went back out this morning, 31 degrees and it snowed again over night.I had a better day, didn't snap a pic of the finds yet, still in the finds pouch.The sharp shooter is definitely better sounding on targets than stock coil, better on smaller bits and pieces and worlds better on target separation.
DSC02720.JPG

Last edited:
bibelot,

Dang, you are better than me. To much work to retrieve a target and too cold for me. Another week or two and I will be back out. Have fun out there.

Ray

bibelot,

Dang, you are better than me. To much work to retrieve a target and too cold for me. Another week or two and I will be back out. Have fun out there.

Ray
Just getting when I can .I tried the 21 /mono. I don't know, maybe give it more time. I like the Nel Sharp shooter coil, target separation is as good as it gets with it. It will find bits of broken tab bits and eek out a short faint sound,it sounds very similar to what deep silver sounds with a Tesoro. I fell for it half a dozen times. I dug two dimes at 9", don't think it lost much depth for being smaller than the stock coil. I was running it sensitivity 80, disc 50, 2 + for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom