More 2nd hand store gold

aviationgale

Elite Member
This past week not much going on so am hitting some 2nd hand stores. The white gold earrings are 10 kt, the pearl (which I LOVE) are 585/14kt. and the ring is 10kt. with small diamonds and emerald. Lady that had the ring said "everything in that case is fake" as soon as I saw it. I said "Oh no it isn't," only not aloud lol. All this for about $18.00 not too bad...

Attachments

• 100_6294.jpg
    100_6294.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 767
  • 100_6290.jpg
    100_6290.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 716
Outstanding finds Gale! Hey!...Heres something along these lines I 'forgot' to post...

There was a local "Church Garage Sale" a few weeks ago just down the street, the Wife headed on over there and bought this bag of goods for $5! Silver! Gold! Jade! Emeralds! Vintage jewelry!

All of the stuff you see here SHE got for $5!

She of course rubbed my nose in it very much bigly and ordered me to post her finds for all my 'Crummy Metal Detecting friends' as a witness to their dirt hunting time wasting foolishness....I completely forgot about it until now.....:laughing:

This kind of deal really messes up a dirt hunters mind, can drive a fellow insane...which I believe is the point...

Yet, like what you found yourself, as a PSA, "Theres all sorts of Gold and Silver out there waiting to be found and not all of it is lost in the dirt"..So hey, $5 paper for a whole years haul for a decent coilist is worth consideration....

Attachments

• Pams silver 19.jpg
    Pams silver 19.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 736
  • Pams silver 19-1.jpg
    Pams silver 19-1.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 652
  • Pams silver 19-2.jpg
    Pams silver 19-2.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 656
As the old saying goes “ Gold ( silver) is where you find it”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outstanding finds Gale! Hey!...Heres something along these lines I 'forgot' to post...

There was a local "Church Garage Sale" a few weeks ago just down the street, the Wife headed on over there and bought this bag of goods for $5! Silver! Gold! Jade! Emeralds! Vintage jewelry!

She of course rubbed my nose in it very much bigly and ordered me to post her finds for all my 'Crummy Metal Detecting friends' as a witness to their dirt hunting time wasting foolishness....I completely forgot about it until now.....:laughing:

This kind of deal really messes up a dirt hunters mind, can drive a fellow insane...which I believe is the point...

Yet, like what you found yourself, as a PSA, "Theres all sorts of Gold and Silver out there waiting to be found and not all of it is lost in the dirt"..So hey, $5 paper for a whole years haul for a decent coilist is worth consideration....

Wow that is an awesome find right there. If it is too hot or some other reason I look for my treasures like your wife does, and I'm not getting all dirty and sweaty doing so. Too bad the 2nd earring wasn't there it looks pretty.....WTG wifey!!!

This past week not much going on so am hitting some 2nd hand stores. The white gold earrings are 10 kt, the pearl (which I LOVE) are 585/14kt. and the ring is 10kt. with small diamonds and emerald. Lady that had the ring said "everything in that case is fake" as soon as I saw it. I said "Oh no it isn't," only not aloud lol. All this for about $18.00 not too bad...

Wow Gale.. your Prowess to Sniff out the Goods are turning out to be Legendary !! Excellent finds as usual.

Mud.. your wife deserves a belly rub for that one :lol:

Wow Gale.. your Prowess to Sniff out the Goods are turning out to be Legendary !! Excellent finds as usual.

Mud.. your wife deserves a belly rub for that one :lol:

I bought my first piece of sterling jewelry in the 2nd grade, still have it. And really haven't stopped, for whatever reason I can usually spot the "good" stuff.

Inspiring finds. I’m going to start looking more carefully. By the way, is there anyway of telling silver without the 925 stamp?

Inspiring finds. I’m going to start looking more carefully. By the way, is there anyway of telling silver without the 925 stamp?

Even some silver stamped 925 isn't real silver, its tough to spot solid silver if you dont have an eye for it. Plated stuff can look like the real deal, a close inspection of the object can help clear up any doubt. After handling silver for so long, you get a sense of what it should look like, feel like, and sell for. BUT if everything your buying is for pennies on the dollar, its worth the gamble if its marked IMO. Unfortunately, the earrings and small rings don't amount to much, but over time, it adds up fast! She certainly MADE money from that transaction, and that's what we all strive for in the end usually. I should really start doing the same, many flea markets up here, consignment shops too. Great job Gale! Good luck and happy hunting!

Nice! I gotta get out and do this.

R5

Thank you. Too hot to metal detect, and taking a break (injury) anyway so hey why not try and find some good stuff.

Last edited:

Certainly. Get yourself a hand held XRF analyzer. A decent one may only set you back a couple grand.

It pays to keep your eyes open! good job guys!

Back
Top Bottom