WoooHooo! Thanks for the Prayers!

I knew it! I tell ya, I just knew you'd be back out detecting soon! Maybe not a whole bunch, but things changed, and you did get out there. Dug a little sterling silver too! More prayers for better recovery. GL & HH!

I'm pleased to announce... no wheelchair (yet) for me!

I've been going to a chiropractor, and have been put on the Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN) Protocol. One or the other is working (I'm not stopping either), because I'm back to the condition I was prior to having to stop the anti-inflammatories (because of Liver/Kidney problems).

Bottom line..> I CAN WALK AGAIN! :shock::lol:

I still hobble around with a cane (not for balance, but as weight bearing, to reduce pain), but dang it, if I'm not tickled pink that I can get around!

I went out metal detecting last week, just to try it out, to see if I would have lasting effects, and other than stretching some tendons that hadn't been moved in a month (which was a wake-up call to do more stretching), the pain levels in my feet were unchanged after the hunt, that evening.

I also managed at .925 pendant charm, and $3. :)

I cannot tell you all how grateful I am to be mobile again. Not having to spend 2-3 hours a day with my feet in a bucket of ice-water, just so I could dull the senses on them to get through the day... is such a blessing. I can live with the "I have a nail in my big toe" feeling in both feet...

Never thought I'd be grateful to say that. But I am. Chronic pain is no joke, and anything that lessens it, is like winning the lottery (I would guess. never actually played the lottery).

So... For now, I'll go out once or twice a week, for smaller jaunts. SO HAPPY TO BE BACK ON MY FEET!

WOOT!

Skippy

Skippy, I'm so happy for you. I recently saw the post about your leaving detecting and It bothered me. I have mild neuropathy in one foot from diabetes. Sometimes its worse but Im probably lucy its usually mild. Im starting PT for a shoulder that kills me when arm.is stretched out. Hope you continue to hunt. HH n GL..

So glad to hear this, Skippy!! Great news that you are able to keep swinging a coil! Looking forward to reading more of your detecting adventures!

That is great news Skippy! Your post on finding rings is in my top 10 Hall of Fame posts on this forum. Hope you get good weather to go along with your improved prognosis!

Pain can be so debilitating. It not only effects you but your loved ones as well.

I would like to share with you what worked wonders for me. I am 73 years old and a new member to this site. I was injured when I was in the army back in 1966. I lived with so much Pain from then until 2 years ago. When a friend of mine introduced me to a Full Spectrum CBD oil. I not only had back pain but I had pain in both my feet. I can honestly say I am pain free after taking the CBD oil. I am back to Metal Detecting and everyday I thank God for this miracle oil. God Bless & I hope you get your pain under control, and good luck metal detecting.

Back
Top Bottom