Tootsietoy Tanker

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Detected the neighbors' yard today. It was an earned permission, for finding their keys this winter. There wasn't much, but I did find some goodies: Several Memorial pennies, no wheats. 2 clad quarters, 1 clad dime, 1 clad nickel, 1 clad Kennedy half, and an unexpected silver: 1943P war nickel! Also found a broken frog brooch pin(junk), and a cheap aluminum ring. Favorite dig was the Tootsietoy fuel tanker truck. Then I did some more searching in the church yard I have mostly cleaned out. Dug a dateless buffalo nickel and a couple more wheats. Decent haul today, especially considering I didn't have to drive anywhere.

Attachments

• DSCN9907.jpg
    DSCN9907.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 429
  • DSCN9908.jpg
    DSCN9908.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 395
The Tootsies with the hidden wheels are really old, right? Cool!
Don't know about that. The truck style looks old, but not their "really old". TNTGross found a similar one dating to 1947-48. Thanks!

That’s a dang good hunt! Buff, a silver 5¢ and a cool tootsie! Nice work!
Heck yeah! I'm a happy digger with a haul like this. Thank you!

Cool finds. Found that tanker at GASOLINE ALLEY ANTIQUES
#235. OIL TANKER (variation with two caps on top). issued from 1947-48
Thanks man! Looks like the same tanker, but mine is a 4 capper. Mine should be about the same age then. It is marked as Tootsietoy, Made in the U.S.A.

Really cool tootsie. I think the have replacement wheels if wanted to repair it.
Thanks Yoop! This one still has it's 4 whole wheels. They're inside the wheel cover fenders. They don't turn, but I don't really care. Rather keep it original.

Some very nice hunting Blaise. Congrats on the War Nickel, the Buffalo, love the Tootsie and all the rest. A convenient outing for sure my nearest hunt the last few weeks has been over 30 miles. Trapper

Nice war nickel! I can't wait to find me one.
Thank you! I can't wait to find the next one! :D

Some very nice hunting Blaise. Congrats on the War Nickel, the Buffalo, love the Tootsie and all the rest. A convenient outing for sure my nearest hunt the last few weeks has been over 30 miles. Trapper
Yeah, I've been driving enough for other reasons lately. Working local so far. So far, so good. Thanks Trapper!

I like finding them old tootsie toys. Happy Hunting
Thanks! I always like finding toys. The old cast metal toy vehicles like this are really cool digs.

You can do a search on Youtube people restoring old toy cars.
Maybe a new hobby for you!
Sounds like a good idea, but it wouldn't really be my thing. I like the natural "dirt time" conditioning too much! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom