Explain your Username

I've been doing silversmithing since the mid seventies, about as long as I've been detecting. I tried to get Silversmith but it was taken so I added 45, the year of my birth and my favorite handgun. I served with the 101st Airborne Screaming Eagles in Vietnam.

I had a golf teacher who was years ahead of his time. I had trouble grasping some of his concepts so the told me to make myself into a slingshot.. The arms were the cords and the clubhead was the pouch. I immediately grasped what he was saying.

Wow! Mines a tough one to explain. Let's see, where do I begin? Ok, rob00000. rob is short for robert. robert is my first name, at least that's the name that's listed on my birth certificate. Course, who knows if my certificate is legit, just look at the controversy over Obama's certificate? I mean, ya' know, there may be something my parents didn't tell me about? As far as the five zero's go, well, I figured rob might be taken as rob or robert is a common name so I usually add something onto my name to increase the chance of choosing a username that isn't taken. So that's it. That's my exciting username story. I trust you all enjoyed reading all about it & can now rest comfortably at night, no longer tossing & turning in bed wondering where I got the idea for my username from. Glad I could help contribute to you all getting a good nights sleep. Now, if you'll all excuse me, it's late and I must be getting to bed myself. Good night!!

Daughters name - Amie - sons initials BJ - I lost my son in a car accident 13 years ago, he was 26 - my daughter had a licence plate made for my truck - AMIEBJ

Achaios was a Seleukid empire usurper whose coins I specialize in. When captured, flayed alive and crucified in the skin of a donkey. I don't intend to end that way myself, I just think the coins are interesting.

-- Tom

I grew up on a beach, and do a lot of detecting on beaches. And so, for a lot of my life, I've had sand in my toes.

My avatar is a photo of the weirdest road sign I've ever seen. I see it every day when I go to work.

Achaios was a Seleukid empire usurper whose coins I specialize in. When captured, flayed alive and crucified in the skin of a donkey. I don't intend to end that way myself, I just think the coins are interesting.

-- Tom

Wow! Now that's specializing! :lol: I'm gonna have to hit Wikipedia to learn more about this dude Achaios

rfjuice=

When I was in high school, I ran long distance and took liquid creatine designed for endurance. So my teammates started calling me "juice".

The rf part is from "red faction". It's an online first person shooter game, that I got introduced to when I started working after I graduated.

Thus I became rfjuice and have been for almost 10 years. :D

This has been my online name for over 16 years, I used to drink a 12 pack a day of Diet Mountain Dew, I quit the Dew 1.5 years ago, turns out its bad for you!....lol That first month I quit was a killer!! Haven't touched a Dew since. But I still keep the name :)

its that yellow #5 that hooks ya:laughing::laughing:

clifford is my first name, tronics is the second half of my business (cartronics) hence we get clifftronics. My avitar is a pic of a gold 14k chain i found in a soccerfield.....GL+HH.....cliff.

My username is the answer to the question I am asked before every exam my students take: does spelling count? Yes, I tell them. It counts on the exam, and it counts in life. My avatar is a picture of one of my son's green army guys. I was delighted to find a detectorist in the squad.

I had a golf teacher who was years ahead of his time. I had trouble grasping some of his concepts so the told me to make myself into a slingshot.. The arms were the cords and the clubhead was the pouch. I immediately grasped what he was saying.

I wonder what was the par was when David slew Goliath??????????????????????????

I grew up on Long Island and throughout my life people always reffered
to me as a Bear. Soooo along came LIbear.

Fits you well! I knew why after I met you on LI. You're tall and stalky
But not scary!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom