• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Going from Open Carry to Concealed

Yea but if they have the drop on you, very unlikely you can take out your gun and get them. You sure can't take it out and get them after they are driving away.

As a slight aside to this. In my FJ, I mounted a rubberized magnet on the side of the center console, right next to my leg. When I'm driving, I take my pistol out of the holster, and put it right there. More comfortable, and far faster to get to, if things go south.

I have had a case where I pulled on an assailant (unarmed), and while I surprised myself with how quick I managed it, I don't want to be in that position again. FYI, I did not need to pull the trigger.

I have been CC for years and have used my gun twice to prevent death or harm to myself. The best part is I never had to shoot anyone.
I highly recommend that if you do CC or open carry have insurance with USCCA.
I carry the max insurance and have used many of the member benefits they provide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said in a MD group on Facebook regarding this kind of matter....

Buy a black windbreaker and have "HSI" printed in big white letters on the back. Wear it while you're detecting. Nefarious individuals will see that and think you are some kind of Law Enforcement....maybe searching for a weapon or body, and keep away from you! If anyone should actually ask what agency that stands for, you just tell them "Historical Scene Investigator"! Solved! LOL!

Wearing LEO looking clothing is more likely to get you shot in Detroit- than keep the bad guys away. Killing cops is a badge of honor among certain criminal elements- and we are talking about Detroit.

I could have done better. I haven't shot since fall. However if it would have been a perp I think I would have neutralized the threat.

Like you Mud, I also used to reload and I shot a ton of bullets in the past. I wasn't a cop that just carried my weapon, I used them.

Got my fingerprints taken today and submitted all my paperwork. Now I just wait to get my CLP in the mail.

How long ago did you retire- you might be covered under LEOSA.

Well I got my CPL in the mail today. Two weeks and 3 days after I applied. Hopefully I will never have to use it.

Congrats! That looks like a nice comfortable carry gun. Are you going to go with in the wasteband, pocket, shoulder?

I have the LCP Ruger also. Nice little pistol..

Yeah, its quickly becoming one of my very favorite tools, there is something about the ones you use and carry all the time. Like an old pocket knife, they just tend to become part of you.

Back
Top Bottom