• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I still like my CTX

and I can swing the Equinox a lot longer than my CTX3030 with the 17 inch coil, without my arm feeling like its 100 lbs :

Why would you compare the CTX w/the 17" vs the NOX with a stock coil? Maybe a better comparison would be a 11" coil on the CTX?

I routinely swing the 17 on my CTX but I use a Minelab harness. When I go to the 11" it feels very light even w/o the harness.

Yes the NOX is lighter than the CTX but so what? Give it a yr or two and it's light, petite-ness will show once it gets some mileage.

Until it's tried and true, I'll hold out and keep using my CTX and Excal

Having the coil plug sticking out the back of the control unit still bothers me. I'll be honest I've dropped my scoop on my detector and it just seems having that coin plug sticking out like it does is asking for an issue.

Ill let ya know Alpo. It was a learning curve for me to go to the CTX with a screen from the Xcal too. kept hitting the side and nicking it when looking in the scoop. Im not a fan either ...... then you have the water headphones as well sticking out..... oh then add a charging cable :lol:

LOW Tide

Why would i compare ? Simple , your on the beach forum, most are interested in getting the deep laden gold, not by using the 11 inch stock , The Equinox 11 inch is the only coil OUT for it now, still waiting on the 15 inch , when i swing the CTX3030 at the beach it's with- the 17 -with a assist harness, and yes the Equinox is a TON lighter, a pleasure to swing, waiting on the 15 inch coil for the EQ, than we will see how it stocks up to the CTX3030 with the 17 , with the Gold Chains to boot, time will tell, if your just using the 12 inch at the beach , you are missing some , but not all gold, minus the coverage, it all add's up, this summer , i will get some mileage on my equipment , so there you go, i think i answered your ?, happy hunting. PS i agree on one thing, Excalibur in the water.

Theres nothing wrong with a ctx or an etrac or any other detectors.Keep swinging what you have.
Don't buy an Equinox. Shhhhh. They are nothing special, shhhh.;)

Back
Top Bottom