Land Owner Liability

Good read , Another consideration is posted land , NYS any improved land needs permission to enter even if not posted . A land owner can claim any game shot and enters their land . ,,,,, HH

Interesting.

But my experience is, that any time a landowner cites the pat answer: "No, because of liability concerns": They could care less about "liability concerns". This is just the "polite" way to say "no". When the REAL reason is: They simply don't want to be bothered.

I own my own company. So I carry $1 million liability insurance on myself. And can provide proof (a certificate evidencing) and even have my agent reference a specific landowner as "additional insured". But even when I offer all those wonderful "assurances" (thinking this will quell their supposed fears and change their "no"), it falls on deaf ears.

Hence I learned that this is just the "go-to" answer, as a polite way of saying "no".

Interesting.

But my experience is, that any time a landowner cites the pat answer: "No, because of liability concerns": They could care less about "liability concerns". This is just the "polite" way to say "no". When the REAL reason is: They simply don't want to be bothered.

I own my own company. So I carry $1 million liability insurance on myself. And can provide proof (a certificate evidencing) and even have my agent reference a specific landowner as "additional insured". But even when I offer all those wonderful "assurances" (thinking this will quell their supposed fears and change their "no"), it falls on deaf ears.

Hence I learned that this is just the "go-to" answer, as a polite way of saying "no".
Not really polite........ Not really !

Back
Top Bottom