Dutchess County NY

Early 19th century pocket spill

Nice Pocket spill I found on March 26th. It was bright and sunny but very windy. I was staying away from the farm house today and working a stone wall when I got a real loud and strong signal. Found the first coin only inches below the surface and the next right below it. The last one was about a foot away. All three are large cents with only with an identifiable date of 1817

A link to a picture of them.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/album.php?albumid=2494&pictureid=33992

Saturday Hunt

Hi Mike
Sounds great but not this weekend for me. My wife is having a C section to deliver our son on Friday and she wouldn't appreciate me going out the next morning. I am usually available on Sunday's and Monday more often than Saturdays. But with some light after five I would be available after work for a couple hours.
Anyone else up for a hunt sometime soon?

37 Minutes 1851 Half Dime, 1858 Flying Eagle and More

I only had 37 minutes to detect the jewelers estate during my lunch hour. It has been a bit slow for my last couple outings as I work my way across the lawn. By that I mean no silver or gold. Today we changed that though.
I am working a large circular area and so it is taking me longer and longer to complete a strip as I work towards the center (widest) part of the circle.
I had only made a couple swings in my new area and got a solid signal. Out popped a nice 1858 Flying Eagle cent. Being they were only produced for a short time I haven't found many of them. As I headed towards the center of the circle things started to pick up with wheats and clad. I got a questionable, jumpy yet repeatable signal and decided to dig it. I am glad I did since out popped the 1851 Seated Liberty Half Dime :shock: . They are so small.... If that wasn't enough I then found a 1954 Washington Quarter and then some type of pin. I only made it half way across the circle before I had to head back to work.
Here is a link to a picture of the coins
http://metaldetectingforum.com/album.php?albumid=2494&pictureid=34130

Hi Mike
Sounds great but not this weekend for me. My wife is having a C section to deliver our son on Friday and she wouldn't appreciate me going out the next morning. I am usually available on Sunday's and Monday more often than Saturdays. But with some light after five I would be available after work for a couple hours.
Anyone else up for a hunt sometime soon?

Count me in

I should be able to do something one of those days too. Just brought home my newborn son today from the hospital so it is a bit harder to know exactly when I will be available

Congrats Gary! Don't worry we won't forget you! :laughing:
Sleep when you can

Poughkeepsie park

Hi folks
I have a park in poughkeepsie that I haven't detectedbut found a mercury dime sitting on top of the ground while walking through the woods which was the Site of a school in the late 19th century. I wouldn't mind having some along for a hunt. PM me if interested.

Still trying to get out to detect

I am getting mini hunts in here and there at the 1776 farm house. Usually this is timed to coincide with my sons (who was born on 3/30/2012) naps. I pulled an Indian head out of the ground the other evening and several buckles during a few other hunts but nothing else worth writing about.
I am looking forward to that group hunt. Would anyone be able to go out this next Wednesday for three or four hours to that park in Poughkeepsie I mentioned I am thinking meeting at about 8:30 -8:45?

I am getting mini hunts in here and there at the 1776 farm house. Usually this is timed to coincide with my sons (who was born on 3/30/2012) naps. I pulled an Indian head out of the ground the other evening and several buckles during a few other hunts but nothing else worth writing about.
I am looking forward to that group hunt. Would anyone be able to go out this next Wednesday for three or four hours to that park in Poughkeepsie I mentioned I am thinking meeting at about 8:30 -8:45?

If there's room, sure.

Back
Top Bottom