Counterfeit Garrett Pro-Pointers

Aside from how poorly im sure they perform, imagine if they managed to copy the wording exactly as it is on a real pro pointer? How would someone tell if they never owned or seen a real one before? I have never even met another fellow detectorist!

Still some cheap real ones out there!

I recently saw an ad on Craigslist for a propointer for $75. I called and arranged to meet immediately. I had previously seen the youtubes on how to spot the fakes. I took my real propointer with me. The pointer offered (by a woman) was the real deal. Performance the same in all respects to mine, with none of the aspects of the fake. Almost new shape. I ended up getting it for $64 and a cup of Starbucks coffee! The Gal seemed squared away and knew a lot about metal detecting. She had just bought a new boat and was selling her old hobby stuff to finance getting back into salmon fishing. She was nice looking and single. A tough decision for any guy who wanted to get to know her. Let's see, on the one hand, she has a new boat and loves to fish. On the other hand, she is getting OUT of metal detecting. What to do, what to do???????

I recently saw an ad on Craigslist for a propointer for $75. I called and arranged to meet immediately. I had previously seen the youtubes on how to spot the fakes. I took my real propointer with me. The pointer offered (by a woman) was the real deal. Performance the same in all respects to mine, with none of the aspects of the fake. Almost new shape. I ended up getting it for $64 and a cup of Starbucks coffee! The Gal seemed squared away and knew a lot about metal detecting. She had just bought a new boat and was selling her old hobby stuff to finance getting back into salmon fishing. She was nice looking and single. A tough decision for any guy who wanted to get to know her. Let's see, on the one hand, she has a new boat and loves to fish. On the other hand, she is getting OUT of metal detecting. What to do, what to do???????

lol haha :laughing: :lol: that is a tough call

isn't china firing back with the xpointer $90 new and better all around?

Yep

Best way not to get burned is check the Garrett website and on buy from garrett authorized dealers. HH phil
Or just buy from Phil and get yourself a carrot while you at it!!!

Attachments

• phil small.jpg
    phil small.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 2,540
I know this is an old thread but I bring it up again because there are new guys and girls who may not know. In a search today I found that counterfeit Pro Pointers are still around. Here is a fake from Singapore for $40.11.

DH Gate Fake Pro Pointers

Yea i made the mistake of buying one, it was returned quickly and a carrot was purchased promptly. Glad they returned my money.

why take a chance buy this one"The king"

Why take a chance buy the king of pin pointers :yes:james

Attachments

• probe.jpg
    probe.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,257
i just now read some of this post. got my old garrett pro pointers out and checked them. one is the so called fake. i brought it from one of the most talked about dealers as being the best to buy from on this site. never had a problem with it though.

Fake Propointer ATs on ebay

Last week on fleabay there was a new seller in China with 10 Garrett branded Propointer ATs for $43 and change each. A complete copy including box. Three had sold. I notified Garrett and the listing was removed.

The "fake" image in the original post looks exactly like the one I got from KellyCo 8 years ago and is still working fine. Not a fake at all.

Last week on fleabay there was a new seller in China with 10 Garrett branded Propointer ATs for $43 and change each. A complete copy including box. Three had sold. I notified Garrett and the listing was removed.

Did Garrett kick you some swag for helping them out?

Back
Top Bottom