1741 Coin of unknown origin...

Not a coin. The date 1741 is the give away. Made to look like a coin from the far east. Far east countries would not have used western calendar dating.

The guy does look chineese, ALL china coins from 1700 to 1800 have a square hole in them as well most do from japan.

me too

i found the exact same coin.. but i did mine a little easier.. i opened a roll of quarters at work.. if anyone has any ideas of where it came from or anything about it.. i would love to know.. Found it in Pennsylvania..

Perhaps they are reproductions of medals to commemorate Vitus Bering
My friend has the same coin, he found it along side the road. I researched it and I think it is a 1741 colonial coin with King George II on it. Its not a half Pennie or farthing, but thats what I think.

I think its a 1741 coin with King George II on it. My friend found another one alongside the road, so I looked it up and thats what I figured it was. Its nut a halfpenny or farthing though.

Sure glad the members helped you figure this one out.

What an interesting artifact!

toddaeayrs i have found the same coin in el paso tx and am curious of its origin and its worth.

I just found a cashe of these coins, about a 100 or so. What are they....I'm rich *****! :gettinmoney: jk, kidding kidding, relax.

If I offended anyone with that last post I'm sorry. Really, I was just kidding around. To be honest, if I found it I would of been jumping up and down thinking it was real also.

this is so strange, i have this coin... found it in my house on the floor. its really old so it was obviously made when kings and queens were very popular.... i really wonder what it could be...does any one think it is worth a lot? :?:

I found this same coin about 2 years ago laying on the floor in a Borders Books store. But for some reason after researching for hours and hours this coin never appears besides on this web site. If any one knows anything about the coin and is sure about it please say something, who know this coin could be worth a lot of money

O.K. I'm sorry I just have to say OMG. Read the whole post people! It's a toy coin. and I would be proud to find one. LOL

They really ought to have stamped copy or something on the coin, even though it's not a copy of a real coin. It's amazing how hard it can be to identify stuff sometimes, this thread is quite an example of that!

I want a pirate kit now.

I was out detecting last weekend in the historical village of Waterford, Virginia. I was at the school. I came across this coin. There are no letter markings on it, just the head of a guy with a crown and the back has a 3 masted tall ship. Check out the photos. If any one has any idea what or where it came from, I would love to know. I have been researching it for a week now and no clues!!
The date is 1741. I found it about 4-5 inches deep, it read a 38 on the TID of my X-70. It appears to be bronze. The date fits the time period of settlement (1733) of the area I was md'ing. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!!

I just found a coin that looks like that one! Did you find out what it is or if it is worth anything?

Coins

I have the same coins, I found them in a piggy bank from when I was a kid...hoping to find out soon the origin! I'm not thinking it says 1741 after all it is a foreign coin, I'm betting it says something in Arabic or some middle eastern language!

Back
Top Bottom