Dutchess County NY

It was nice meeting and hunting with Peg. She is one determined detectorist and she will do well in the hobby. HH

My best find of the day was a 1936 wheaty. I look forward to meeting more of the dutchess county group. Probably atleast one more this Sunday.

I don't know if everyone is aware of this group http://www.greattreasure.com/index.html but they have a ton of information about the hudson valley and beyond. At this time my work schedule makes it difficult to join them but in the near future when my schedule changes I will be a part of the club.

Same here Walt. I had my camera and meant to take a pic of your pouch of loot! I took a pic of what I found and went back the next day, the weather was great! Thanks for the tip about my swing. It was too high and not level. Geesh, it's not golf Peg!! :lol: I put my pics on "Finds" and my page. Just couldn't make it Sunday, this holiday stuff puts a crunch on time. :no: Can't wait until it's behind me....but, I will bring my MD on the road when visiting the family on L.I...hey, you never know!
Glad you guys had decent ground conditions to hunt in! :D and thanks for organizing GKman! .

I enjoyed the hunt with GKman on Sunday, though it was a bit chilly. I look forward towards the next hunt and hopefully the ground isn't frozen, it looks like its going to warm up a bit this week :yes:

And Peg your welcome, and I have another suggestion if you are interested, just pm me.

Walt

New paltz here I come

I'll be in new paltz this weekend and hope to get one more hunt in. I have family there and a pretty sweet spot to hunt if anyone is interested. That is if the weather holds out for me. Anyone out there using the minelab safari??? I'm thinking about buying one this winter.

I'll be in new paltz this weekend and hope to get one more hunt in. I have family there and a pretty sweet spot to hunt if anyone is interested. That is if the weather holds out for me.

I am interested if I don't have to work. I'm 20 minutes from New Paltz. Shoot me a PM if your hunt is on.

-Doug

E track

So what do you think of the e track. All I have ever used is whites. I'm using a new coin master now, comparable to the garret ace 250 but am thinking about upgrading to a minelab safari or an e track

What's up!

I live right in Wappingers near the New Hamburg Train Station and I also have a buddy from Beacon I tend to go with.

I could use a group hunt and some motivation a lot of long hunts with nothing to show is killing my interest I need to get back out there asap!

Anyone going soon?

Watch for ticks I hit the woods behind my house and found several ticks on me (just 2-3 weeks ago).

E-Trac

So what do you think of the e track. All I have ever used is whites. I'm using a new coin master now, comparable to the garret ace 250 but am thinking about upgrading to a minelab safari or an e track

Hi Au
I am satisfied with it. I have been using Minelab units for years now and have a lot to show for it. If I was in a market for a new detector I would search some of the forums for posts like "Whites compared to Minelab"

A good example of what the E-trac has done for me is that I went out this evening during my lunch hour and found 7 quarters, 5 pennies, 2 dimes and 2 nickles in forty minutes, but they were all clad :(

Wouldn't it be nice if we could see a really good side by side comparison of all the manufacturers flagship models? I picture four or five treasure hunters and four or five top of the line detectors all checking each others targets before they are recovered.

One thing I would mention is that I bought my detector for $950 used, compared to the $1500-1700 the shops are asking for as a package price. Mine was only five months old and came with just about everything the original package did plus a pair of Killer B Wasps which I was able to sell for $75. Also, Minelab now lets you transfer the warranty so it's hard to lose.
Happy Hunting...
Gary

Hi SirReal
I bet someone is going soon as long as the weather holds out. However, being the holidays it may be tough to get the time away from the family for too long. I may be available Monday or Tuesday for a short hunt of a couple hours....Let me know if you are interested.
Gary

Green Christmas

Just got to New Paltz. Going hunting in a new spot tomorrow. If it pans out I'll maybe set up a hunt for Monday if anyone is looking to go after Christmas

Just got to New Paltz. Going hunting in a new spot tomorrow. If it pans out I'll maybe set up a hunt for Monday if anyone is looking to go after Christmas

just wondering if you made it out for a hunt today. if so, how was the new spot?

Thumbs down

Big thumbs down on the new spot. Ground conditions were great though. Moving back to my old standby tomorrow after presents and such. Nothing says xmas like swinging a coil after the kiddies open all of their presents. Hopefully I'll find something worth posting

Still detecting....

Yesterday afternoon I went out for a couple hours. It's an old farmhouse that I have ben detecting for several years now with fantastic results. But yesterday the farm wasn't giving in to my efforts to discover any more hidden treasure. That is fine though, it was just nice to be out there.

Old farmhouse hunt

Went out today to an old farmhouse I have detected numerous times. Found a nice lantern burner,a few more wheats and two matchbox cars... Wish the season didn't have to end.

Back
Top Bottom