**Revived** Forum Member Map

I'm in Southeast Texas in Beaumont. Not much in this area but we do have tot lots or a trip to Bolivar Peninsula for the beach.

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Great! I’ll PM you as we get closer to confirm we can make it out to you and meet up.

Middle to late March.

All the best,
Mike

Sort of a dating site? You know what would be super helpful? How about listing all the lonely rich Wimmen living beachfront, seeking a reliable alcoholic elderly boat handler knot untyer pussgut Male conversationalist cat and poet reciter, pool skimmer boy, BMW mechanic, palm frond iguana eradicator and shiatsu massuese?

Pics of course would be helpful..of the boat, its like damn! Cut out the formalities! ..Its obvious that Boston Whaler got fitted with the wrong pitched prop!..:laughing:.

Ha. Yeah, detectoristsplaydates dot com :D
The other category is a bit tougher.

Please add me to the Salt Lake City Utah area.

Thanks!

You can also add our local Salt Lake City Club

N.U.T.S.
National Utah Token Society
Salt Lake City Utah

Thanks, SW - I got both you and the club added to the map!

I actually ran across NUTS while I was running through some of the club listings on the forum - the name made me chuckle, and I've become a trade token fanatic since I started detecting, so the club stuck in my memory. I didn't list it on the map originally because all of the events, newsletters, etc listed on the website are all from mid-2018 or earlier, so I was afraid the club was no longer active. But if you can vouch for the club still meeting, then that's good enough for me! It's on there now :yes:

And I pinned it based on the address for the meeting location shown on the website. I gotta admit, the street address and directions on their "Where We Meet" page almost made my brain melt!! Every cardinal direction is included except "north"!! I'm pretty darn good at navigation (I fly planes for a living), but if all the addresses in SLC are like that, I think I'd just sit behind the wheel of my car and cry every time I had to go somewhere new :lol: :lol:

Love the base map, especially the script used for the oceans and seas. Beautfiul. Is there a way for you to have the location icon scale in size depending on the zoom level, or hidden at certain zoom levels? I know this can be done in ArcGIS and other such GIS programs but not sure about these online mapping applications - unless the underlying engine is Arc for this map.

No Canadians on record? I assume you can use postal codes in this map, as you have a group shown in Hamilton (where I was born - GoTiCats!)

Yeah, the base map with the "pirate" theme really caught my eye, too - seemed perfect for our crew of treasure hunters! :pirates: :pirate2: :pirate:

Yep - unfortunately, all our international members are greatly under-represented :( I think we had a few more listed on the original map prior to the data loss. Hopefully we'll get Canada and other countries back on the map as time goes by. Unfortunately, starting from scratch, it'll be slow going.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to adjust the scale on the icon size - the icon automatically stays the same size as you zoom in and out. Obviously it works best as you zoom in - the map admitted looks a bit cluttered over the U.S. on a wide zoom. It's also a little bit of an issue as you zoom in to areas that have a denser population of members listed. But once you get zoomed to the right level, the icons are better. Same with hiding at certain zoom levels - it seems that you can only turn the various "groups" on or off globally, not based on individual zooms. All that said, I'm just using the free version. They do offer a premium service, but I haven't checked to see if those features might be available in the paid version.

:clapping::clapping:Very nice update

Thanks HistoryHippy! I've been having fun putting it together, too!

Here is a club in Houston. I'm not a member but they are active. It is just too far away to be practical for me.

HOUSTON ARCHAEOLOGY & RECOVERY CLUB

City: Houston

Cliff

Sort of a dating site? You know what would be super helpful? How about listing all the lonely rich Wimmen living beachfront, seeking a reliable alcoholic elderly boat handler knot untyer pussgut Male conversationalist cat and poet reciter, pool skimmer boy, BMW mechanic, palm frond iguana eradicator and shiatsu massuese?

Ha. Yeah, detectoristsplaydates dot com :D
The other category is a bit tougher.

'Tector Tinder?? I elect Mud to head that project...last thing I need is my inbox lighting up with pics from all the lonely rich Wimmen (LRWs) looking to get listed. Not because my wife would be upset...no, quite the opposite. She would be endlessly amused and have yet another excuse to ridicule me for one of my "nerd hobbies" :lol: :lol: Nope...that master plan is all yours, Mud! Besides, you'll get first dibs on the LRWs that way...:yes:

Mines still on there from Montana. Sad its the only marker on there lol siiiiigh

Don't worry - it'll fill, just give it time! :grin:

Honestly, I'm glad the map in general is as full as it is considering I've only been rebuilding it for the past week! I'm getting at least one or two adds a day, so it'll gradually start being more complete and useful as time passes.

Don't worry - it'll fill, just give it time! :grin:

Honestly, I'm glad the map in general is as full as it is considering I've only been rebuilding it for the past week! I'm getting at least one or two adds a day, so it'll gradually start being more complete and useful as time passes.

It definitely a good idea! Would be interesting to see where a majority of the MD community lives. Seems to be a lot more popular the farther east you look LOL

Looks like I need to represent central New Hampshire. I'm in Boscawen. Feel free to put me on there! Thanks Airmet!

No problem, cellarman - got you on there! Yep - I definitely need some more participation from the colonial copper hunters up there in upper New England! :lol: Thanks for being a part of the map!

Blue Ridge ,Georgia 30513

Thanks mad! Got you added, too!

Back
Top Bottom