Chuck E Cheese Token Thread!

Got you all beat

I've found 23 'chucke cheese labeled tokens' in total. The two 'showbiz pizzas' bought out Chucke Cheese so I kind of have 25. That was the original company name in 1979 and 1980. That makes the showbiz ones very first generation Chuck-e Cheese.

Here they are. One or two were found in school yards laying just under the grass, hence the lack of patina.

Attachments

• CAM_0664 (Custom).jpg
    CAM_0664 (Custom).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,985
  • CAM_0665 (Custom).jpg
    CAM_0665 (Custom).jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 1,119
I found my first (newbie) on the beach dry sand last summer. After I posted it on Friendly many of you posted about the history and I learned a lot about them. How many people would think twice about them unless they detect? I can guess there are drawers full of them at someones house. We find them in the ground and love it. Crazy hobby!

Attachments

• IMG_1990.JPG
    IMG_1990.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 1,095
KT is gonna have to check his Token box tonite but thinks He's got well over 20! [Turns out some of them were blasted namco tokens! LOL] If He does, He will post a pic in this Thead pretty quickly! :lol::lol:

Naturally with KT hunting all those totlots last year, you would expect Him to have a fair number of them!

OK He got back to the Castle and broke these out from the Treasure Chest!

21 CC tokens...one heavily modified by a lawnmower! :lol::lol: Single is the oldest one.

Beat that, KT hopes! :lol::lol: OOPS! Looks like, luckily, Bonesquats got me beat! HA HA HA

Attachments

• Chuckers.jpg
    Chuckers.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2,089
  • Image94.jpg
    Image94.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 1,057
We had my sons birthday party there this year.... The trick is to go early, and get out quick!

I have dug 5-6. Think my oldest was 1981

I found a whole bunch of them and didnct know what they where...... I did see dates on them but i am about 2500 miles from them right now but when i get back in about a month i will check them out.
Joe

We have 4 right now, the oldest is 1990. But...if you want to count ALL tokens, including the 'No Cash Value' ones and car wash tokens, then we have a BUNCH! The ring up just like a clad quarter and will fool you until you get it home and washed. : (

Attachments

• 100_1749.jpg
    100_1749.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,184
  • 100_1750.jpg
    100_1750.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 947
http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/unplugged/happy-birthday-chuck-e-cheese-191515801.html

( from the above link) :gettinmoney:

" Some of those tokens are now worth real money.

Chuck E. Cheese's has gone through so many varieties of tokens that a collector's market has sprung up around the restaurant. Pretty much anything from the chain's early days is worth something to collectors (scarce, early menus, for example, can run up to $50). A token from 1994 can run as high as $15.

If you've got an early token from one of the restaurant's overseas locations, though, you're really in the driver's seat. An early Charlie Cheese token from Australia (the company changed the name, since "chuck" is Australian slang for "vomiting") will fetch up to $40."

Awesome contest! You've all got me beat. However I thought I'd share. I had a Chuck E. Cheese coin cash find. 5 out of six that I've dug were in the same plug. :lol:

I have over 700 chuck e cheese tokens and my oldest one is 1980. but i should be disqualified because i work at chuck e cheese lol. i always go home with 5-100 tokens in my pocket from work.

Back
Top Bottom