Thursday 10/26 Beach hunt.

georgeinsc

Elite Member
After spending a week in the Mountains of NC/TN I needed to breathe some salt air so off to the beach I went. Arrived about an hour after the 1 pm low tide and detected until it was dark enough that I had to see what I had in the scoop by feel.

As usual my beach gave up a bit of clad $5.90 and 35 stinking Lincoln/zincolns.

Dug a pretty yellow cross that raised my heart rate but after testing it turned out to be junk.

I dug a crucifix that was so cruddy that it was difficult to see what I had found. I thought that I had found another piece of junk jewelry. But curiosity got me to see if I could clean it up a bit. After a lot of work I finally could see ORO on the back of it. Some more cleaning and 10k appeared low on the back. Then I found 10k on the bail.

Glad I did not toss it in the junk finds box. Sorry for the lousy pictures.

Crucifix weighs 12.2 grams according to my cheap scales.

Attachments

• DSC01008.JPG
    DSC01008.JPG
    161.8 KB · Views: 454
  • DSC01009.JPG
    DSC01009.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 460
  • DSC01003.JPG
    DSC01003.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 464
  • DSC01002.JPG
    DSC01002.JPG
    162.4 KB · Views: 444
Since I grew up in the mountains of WV I from time to time need a trip to the mountains just for health reasons. I call it my Mountain Fix.

The deer hunting will be the week of Thanksgiving in WV. Friend has 400 acres that he allows me to hunt as long as I watch for trespassers.

Hey! Thats a nice find Geo! Were you up hunting deer in the mountains?

Felix I spent almost 5 hours at the beach today and found 35 Felixes. Also got $6.25 in clad so I made gas money.

No Gold, No Silver but still had an enjoyable hunt.

:dingding: Congrats on the yellow!

You know, you would feel so much better about finding those if you called them Felixes! :lol:

That's a NIce chunk of gold, it would be a keeper for me..love crosses.

And I know what you mean about the withdraws, I just got back from Roanoke the other day after a week plus with the grandsons..Miss the little guys but good to be back home near my waters.

Back
Top Bottom