My 2017 Mega Clad Display!

I always look forward to your End of Year Total post! I appreciate you contributing to our annual Forum Wide Total Clad Thread!!

ATProDude. Congratulations on the hard work! That is an amazing amount of clad! You're display from 2016 was my inspiration for 2017, but I didn't even break $1200. How do you get the quarters so clean? Mine always look clay-grey so I shuck 'em in the machine every other month. I don't think the credit union would like a couple thousand dirty quarters all at the same time.

Hey thanks wasatchau! Very nice of you to say that. There are so many reasons why I came up with the large totals this year. Parks/ schools are plenty out here. VERY few if any people metal detect them. The year around nice weather helps too. Helps that people out here seem to have tons of change.

I learned how to clean my coins by watching is guy on utube. It totally works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMcWWNZuvCo

My cleaning time is only 30 mins in the tumbler. The right blend of small rocks, rock salt, and white vinegar . You really don't need to tumble for hours on end. It is a wast of time. Clean wash them clean with water and whip then down. Pretty easy.

I always look forward to your End of Year Total post! I appreciate you contributing to our annual Forum Wide Total Clad Thread!!

Thanks SeabeeRon! I really enjoy post my year end totals with everybody! I am not part of any other site just yours. Everybody is very Friendly
and enjoyable to talk to. I think though this year will be different. Getting hard to find good pay dirt. I have pretty much cleaned up most parks, and schools around here. Ever since I went with the 5x8 coil for my atpro, I had a whole new excitement. I pretty much went to most of the parks I have been to already using the new coil and could not believe I found more targets!

I may start hunting the beaches next. Need to find a good scoop. Not expecting to find mega clad there but maybe a gold ring or something.

I am going to notify Garrett and see if they can put me in their new letter. All of the years I have been hunting. You think they may feature me in there?? lol.. I don't know..

I have started my 2018 good. I just passed $50 in clad for the year. lol

Atpro dude

Jason, Another killer season man. Congrats on the clad and pile of silver rings...Good for you you`re able to put in all the hours....That all being said if you are finding that much clad and such a big pile of silver rings I cant imagine how many gold targets you are just passing over because you`re concentrating so much on those higher tones....I bet if you go back to those same places and slow waaay down and dig all the low signals between 42-65 you will come up aces with the gold. One gold target will make up for a lot of those quarters being dug. Not that I dont enjoy digging those up either. Either way congrats again on a killer season....Go get some gold in 2018 ! :grin:

Hey Thanks my friend... Yes indeed.. finding that Gold is difficult. The grass out here is pretty short after all of the drought going on. Any soccer fields have very short grass and luck there is almost impossible. I need to find area's where there is a lot of foot traffic and thicker grass. Your right. SLOOOW down my swing speed is important.

I have been out today and I changed my settings to reflect the mid tones. Now, when you get a mid tone, do you dig it even though the display is not consistent? When you found your gold targets, did you get a solid number? Would gold come in a solid number and solid tone? I really don't touch the scratchy tones. I know your suppose to dig everything but I am trying to weed the obvious tones.

atpro dude

Hey thanks wasatchau! Very nice of you to say that. There are so many reasons why I came up with the large totals this year. Parks/ schools are plenty out here. VERY few if any people metal detect them. The year around nice weather helps too. Helps that people out here seem to have tons of change.

I learned how to clean my coins by watching is guy on utube. It totally works!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMcWWNZuvCo

My cleaning time is only 30 mins in the tumbler. The right blend of small rocks, rock salt, and white vinegar . You really don't need to tumble for hours on end. It is a wast of time. Clean wash them clean with water and whip then down. Pretty easy.

I've not done a lot of schools yet. That may be the next opportunity. I'll look into the cleaning method. Thanks for the response.

Holy smokes Dude ! 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀
That's an amaizing wrap up!
What a massive pile of treasure .
The ladies must be very impressed as the deep knee bends contribute to a very firm buttox 😬.
Dont blow out your back hauling that to the bank

Just incredible Dude !
, Dew

Hey Thanks my friend... Yes indeed.. finding that Gold is difficult. The grass out here is pretty short after all of the drought going on. Any soccer fields have very short grass and luck there is almost impossible. I need to find area's where there is a lot of foot traffic and thicker grass. Your right. SLOOOW down my swing speed is important.

I have been out today and I changed my settings to reflect the mid tones. Now, when you get a mid tone, do you dig it even though the display is not consistent? When you found your gold targets, did you get a solid number? Would gold come in a solid number and solid tone? I really don't touch the scratchy tones. I know your suppose to dig everything but I am trying to weed the obvious tones.

atpro dude

Jason, All gold rings I have found have come in with a very nice solid tone with the exception of a few diamond rings I have found.I`m digging everything between 42-65. There is lots of garbage but its oh so nice when you turn that plug and its gold looking at you. Myself I run in Pro Zero with full sensitivity and full iron audio and dont notch anything out. It has worked great for me over the years. The only thing that has ever come in scratchy for me is any kind of chain. Again, if there was 120 plus silver rings in the ground you count on it there is gold rings there too..Just have to dig the trash to get to the gold finds...Keep at it man...HH !

Holy Mother! Your arms must be sore from digging all those holes!

hahaha!! Yeah, My right arm can get real tired. I try to keep in shape overall. I do run about 5 miles once a week keeping my body tuned for my hunts. I am pretty slender so It helps keeping fit. I am only 48?!?! :lol:

ATpro Dude

I'm not a clad coin hunter myself but that is amazing - congrats on a killer year !

I put one of each of my Wheat Cents, newer Nickels, Dimes, State Quarters, etc. in coin folders.
Then I just tumble and spend all the others.

Thats a great pic.
What is your method for cleaning the clad? Do you use a tumbler?
Nice pull on the SLQ, hoping to finally find my first in 2018.

I was just about to ask that myself. My tumbled clad still comes out dirty looking and I keep the pennies separate. What's the secret? Awe inspiring awesome totals!

Usually 3 hrs a day. 3 times a week! Only parks and schools.

Atprodude

Also by the number of pennies (few) vs qtrs I'd say you're skipping many pennies. For me around here pennies always out number all other coins. Until I stop digging them after about 3 hrs. With the "Max" I'm learning really quick how to skip the zinkies and still dig the coppers cause you never know when a small silver ring might be hiding there.
Either way, Thats a lot of coins. I did that once but I laid all mine out flat and I think it was around $45 or so. Still took up a 6' x 6' area on the floor.

Thats a great pic.
What is your method for cleaning the clad? Do you use a tumbler?
Nice pull on the SLQ, hoping to finally find my first in 2018.

Just a simple tumbler. A little bit of water, aquarium rock, rock salt and white vinegar. 30 mins and your good to go!. Penny's are done separate though.

atpro dude

Also by the number of pennies (few) vs qtrs I'd say you're skipping many pennies. For me around here pennies always out number all other coins. Until I stop digging them after about 3 hrs. With the "Max" I'm learning really quick how to skip the zinkies and still dig the coppers cause you never know when a small silver ring might be hiding there.
Either way, Thats a lot of coins. I did that once but I laid all mine out flat and I think it was around $45 or so. Still took up a 6' x 6' area on the floor.

How do you like the AT Max?

Just a simple tumbler. A little bit of water, aquarium rock, rock salt and white vinegar. 30 mins and your good to go!. Penny's are done separate though.

atpro dude

Thanks. Never tried that concoction, I'll give it a try. I thought I had a good pile for the year. Turns out it pales!

Clad Coins

Hello,
I just started to metal detect in late Sept. or early Oct. 2017. My clad total was almost $400 in that time. I had to quit before Jan. 1 2018 because of snow and frozen ground. I too use the AT Pro and love this machine for coins. To me, clad is not terrible because I have yet to find older places that may hold better coins. I am enjoying this hobby as I am 74 and have some physical problems. I have some places to hunt as soon as the ground clears and the ground thaws. I know there are coins waiting as I did some pre detecting and had a lot of good signals. I am fortunate to have sites that were never hunted.
So, bring on the clads. Oh, I do have a few silvers and 3 rings, two gold and one silver. Keep digging, clads are not all that bad!!
Bubbaron

Back
Top Bottom