• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox coil ear stiffener and repair

Look what arrived in my mailbox today down here in TN...

ChrisMD, you sir are a gentleman and a asset to the forum, thanks to you I am back in action and can resume a few hunts I have scheduled till such time I can then return my coil to ML for replacement. Then Im armed to protect the new coil from the same scenario ...

:urock: ChrisMD

Sincerely

Brian AKA castleberry

Attachments

• 20200113_153020.jpg
    20200113_153020.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 929
  • 20200113_154716.jpg
    20200113_154716.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,111
Last edited:
Look what arrived in my mailbox today down here in TN...

ChrisMD, you sir are a gentleman and a asset to the forum, thanks to you I am back in action and can resume a few hunts I have scheduled till such time I can then return my coil to ML for replacement. Then Im armed to protect the new coil from the same scenario ...

:urock: ChrisMD

Sincerely

Brian AKA castleberry

Got mine today.
Super dude this gent Chris.
Thanks Chris.

Could you do me a favor and ask your buddy what Slicer he used to slice the file? I've tried using two different slicer and the regular reinforced model falls apart when I slice it. The repair model slices and prints fine.

Thanks.

Hope you got your issue fixed. My buddy has been aloof lately. I was also going to give him a few bucks to make me one for the 6" coil, although I'm a lot less concerned about that one getting broken.

Glad I remembered this here. Thanks again for making the file available to all. My nephew told me his buddy has a 3D printer so he is going to get him to make me a few.

Glad I remembered this here. Thanks again for making the file available to all. My nephew told me his buddy has a 3D printer so he is going to get him to make me a few.

No problem always glad to be of some help.

I just purchased a 15" coil for my Nox 600. I had a friend print me one for each coil (6", 11", 15"). The stiffener fit perfectly on the 6" and 11". The stiffener ear slots were too narrow for the 15". I noticed that the ears on the 15" coil taper outward whereas the 6" and 11" coil ears were the same dimension along the entire ear. All of the information that I have read about the stiffeners says that the 11" and 15" stiffeners fit the same. Has Minelab changed the ear design to fix this issue or is there a different program for the 15" coil yoke stiffener? Thanks for any help given!!

I just purchased a 15" coil for my Nox 600. I had a friend print me one for each coil (6", 11", 15"). The stiffener fit perfectly on the 6" and 11". The stiffener ear slots were too narrow for the 15". I noticed that the ears on the 15" coil taper outward whereas the 6" and 11" coil ears were the same dimension along the entire ear. All of the information that I have read about the stiffeners says that the 11" and 15" stiffeners fit the same. Has Minelab changed the ear design to fix this issue or is there a different program for the 15" coil yoke stiffener? Thanks for any help given!!

Maybe you can take a small flat file and open that up a little bit to get it to work. Here is the link to where the program was. Read the comments one of the comments show someone else had an issue. Updated links here also.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3949618/comments

My 11 and 15 are not the same. I purchase one from someone and the forum and it was said they are the same by mine were not.

Don’t pay $15, it’s like 2 cents worth of plastic and 5 cents of electric. If you want let me know what color you like and how many you want for which coils and I’ll send them to you.

How much would you charge me to make 6 of them? I will gladly Paypal you for them.

Thanks for the repair and stiffener blocks! Minelab replaced my coil under warranty for the broken ears. A call to them and they gave me a RMA number. They requested pictures and I sent the coil back on the RMA. It took about a week to get it. Very happy with their service!

Just shot you a PM, have a couple batches coming off the printer today and tomorrow.

For anyone else interested, I had soooooooo many requests for these that I did start charging to cover shipping and the bubble mailer, in all cases $4 or $5 covers it. If I missed shipping out to anyone just tickle me in private message again, I think I'm all caught up minus two people that will go out tomorrow.

Thanks Chris for making these available to people who do not have access to a printer. Dan B.

Just shot you a PM, have a couple batches coming off the printer today and tomorrow.

For anyone else interested, I had soooooooo many requests for these that I did start charging to cover shipping and the bubble mailer, in all cases $4 or $5 covers it. If I missed shipping out to anyone just tickle me in private message again, I think I'm all caught up minus two people that will go out tomorrow.

Do you still have these available? If so, i would take two stiffeners for the 11/15" coils. PM your PayPal when you get a chance! Thank you!

Ouch. Are they both gone?
I've read that sometimes the ears even break between uses. There's something defective about their choice of plastic, or how it handles the mounting stress.

If warranty won't cover it, I 3D print ear stiffener/repair brackets. PM me if interested.

If your detector is still under warranty it covered.
Surprisingly the ear protector only help a little.
THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR NOX IF YOU CARE ABOUT IT.
If anyone looks at their coil ears now without touching anything you can see the ears bending inward. That is close to the breaking point.
If you make and place washers/spacers behind the existing rubber teardrop in the shaft.
Make the washers out of a common gallon milk jug.
Place one behind each original washer.
The washers are a perfect thickness.
My ears barely bend before the become lightly snug.
YOUR FREND; Doug

Back
Top Bottom