• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Spent Rounds Oahu Hawaii

CS1

Put together a few shadow boxes with some spent rounds I found while stationed Hawaii. I think the toy plane was one of my favorite finds.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    190.1 KB · Views: 477
Put together a few shadow boxes with some spent rounds I found while stationed Hawaii. I think the toy plane was one of my favorite finds.

I assume you live on Oahu? Did you fin those near the bellows air force base? I have explored a few wrecks on that island. I love it there :D

Actually I love the bent FMJ's, never never seen those. Any ideas wether these relics were from 12/7/41? Those bent bullets hit something I would guess at an angle. And thinking you probably were not detecting a firing range so that's why I ask.

We were there a couple times and the first time stayed a week on Ford Island. Other than the history believe it or not I didn't care for it too much. It was like half tropical paradise and half third world country.

I was stationed there with the Navy. Found these around different beaches. I did see a showcase on Bellows that had some of the same rounds and they where from 1941.

Nice finds.....I walked those same areas back in 75-78....Remember some old bunkers at Bellows....I was at MCAS Kaneohe Bay.....
........Sure wasnt metal detecting then.......;).....would love to go back and look now......
....Good luck on rest of your hunts....

Wish I had a detector when I was stationed in Spain back in the 80's. Was there for 3 years and would travel the country side never thought of detecting back then.

I hunted the shore behind the AZ in 78---Didn't like HI either--too 3rd world.

Back
Top Bottom