Religen in the Philippines

dirtykneese

Forum Supporter
Here we go.
It is FESTA time here. That means PARTY TIME.. A lot of dancing in the streets. A lot of drinking every place you look.
It is some kind of religious thing they do here.
All over people have their videoky turned up. They all think they can sing real good. They think they are as good as Elvis or Dolly Parton ..
Not even close. In fact most of them needs to see a Dr.
During this Festa, some of them dress up real pretty. Like in their native costum. They have some drummers go with them. If they see you outside, here they come. They want to do a performance for you. It is kind of neat. At the end of their little show, one little girl will hold out a tin can so you can give them some money. Just another scam.
I did get pictures. I also got movies. I can not get the movies to down load. I am on a new lap top. Not to good on this thing.
Well , I hope you all enjoy... KEN :D

P S If I can get someone here to help on them vedios, I will post them.. THANKS

Attachments

• Religion in the Philippines 2018 (1).jpg
    Religion in the Philippines 2018 (1).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Religion in the Philippines 2018 (2).jpg
    Religion in the Philippines 2018 (2).jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Religion in the Philippines 2018 (3).jpg
    Religion in the Philippines 2018 (3).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 185
  • Religion in the Philippines.jpg
    Religion in the Philippines.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 170
Several things going on in that last picture:

One guy is drumming but appears the other is still looking for his drum sticks and the other guy looks as if he’s about to drum the guy beside him in the head. All while trying to raise support for segregation and garbage collection? Oh but at least the kid in the back is an Atlanta Braves fan and it appears that philipino girls take a back seat to no one when it comes to beauty! Enjoy your time there and keep the pics coming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow great photos

Great photos Ken , love the bright colors and parade . I was in the Philippines last year for the Fiesta in my wife's city. (different island) Each town has a Fiesta on different dates and many people return to their home towns from all over to celebrate. A combination of Fiesta and Home coming each year. There is a lot of visiting from home to home where you are expected to eat and drink. People put out their best food and soda , beer , and rum. No one goes hungry as you go house to house even strangers. I learned the hard way not to eat much when going house to house you get full to fast with more houses to visit. Last summer we had a long table with all kinds of food including a roasted pig , rice , fish , meat on a bamboo stick ,deserts , coolers full of iced down beer , and soda & Philippine rum. This is a all day event there , i didn't see any parades ,but it is a fairly rural place and a lot of fun to visit. My wife will be going back May 30-June 16 , it is her mom's 90th birthday. This time i will be staying behind to watch the house and dog while she is gone . Last year the daughter watched the dog but this year she will have a new baby to care for. Of course me and the dog will be doing lots of detecting during that time. Looking forward to lots more of Ken's Photos he does a great job of capturing life over there.

Atlanta braves shirt

Several things going on in that last picture:

One guy is drumming but appears the other is still looking for his drum sticks and the other guy looks as if he’s about to drum the guy beside him in the head. All while trying to raise support for segregation and garbage collection? Oh but at least the kid in the back is an Atlanta Braves fan and it appears that philipino girls take a back seat to no one when it comes to beauty! Enjoy your time there and keep the pics coming...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The guy in back probably has no idea of who the Atlanta Braves are , most of us that have families over there send boxes back by boat every year and ahead of our vacations over there . They will be full of clothes , baseball hats, canned goods , soap , shampoo , candy, toys . We shop all the bargin racks and the often weigh over 100 lbs. they travel by shipping container on slow freighter to the Philippines. The last one we sent last October just got there a few days ago, took 3 month to get to the brother in laws home. A little late for Christmas but it got there . In that box along with all the other gifts was a metal detector for the brother in law's grand son. When i visited last summer he was super interested in my detector , so i sent him a Bounty hunter Tracker IV (their cons are different metal contents anyway so will have to hunt in all metal anyway ) . Many of the rural people are so poor they are very happy to get a new hat , t-shirt , or shoes , even American bath soaps, school supplies etc. While there is not a lot of base ball fields there they do love basketball and there are basketball courts everywhere,

pictures

Man! We sure appreciate you sharing the pictures and write ups about that Land Far away Life!
I only wish more people could experience the Philippines first hand , it is really hard to explain what life is like over there . A lot more Americans would appreciate what we have after visiting a third world country. I love it over there and in spite of the hard ships the people in general are happy . They make the best of what they have and get by. I have been going over since1989 i got married over there , things are changing for the better but slowly. When i first went there was almost no middle class just rich and poor. To my wife's family having a well in their yard to pump instead of having to walk a distance to a community well and carry the water home was middle class . Today it has a electric pump that pumps the water to storage tanks above the house. When i first went there phones were mainly in call centers like a internet café today. Internet in the rural areas is still spotty and has to be pre paid, when visiting i go to a place in the mall in the big city and pay to use their computer. Today almost every one has a prepaid cellphone , my wife can talk to her mom any time she want now. If you ever get the chance to visit the Philippines Ken or i would be glad to give you some tips.

Them guys in back of that motor cycle truck are the drummers for the girl dancers.
Yes, the girls here are very beautiful. That long shinny black hair and tan skin.

All except ONE. Her name is Linda. She lives just down the street from us. She is kind of HEAVY. Her hair is all tangled up and dirty. I don't think you can get a pitch fork through it.When she looks at you, One eye is looking at you and the other eye is watching the traffic. She even told my wife that she loves my. The only thing I could say is GOD herp and protect me.

Some times when my wife wants to play card, We put the table up in the garage for them to play. YEP,, her comes Linda to play cards. If I come outside to do something, There is Linda saying,, HI MR. WARD. I just wave and keep going
Now, If she was one of them pretty girls, I might talk to her.

Thanks everyone for looking and thanks to David for jumping in here to help on some things

KEN :D

I only wish more people could experience the Philippines first hand , it is really hard to explain what life is like over there . A lot more Americans would appreciate what we have after visiting a third world country. I love it over there and in spite of the hard ships the people in general are happy . They make the best of what they have and get by. I have been going over since1989 i got married over there , things are changing for the better but slowly. When i first went there was almost no middle class just rich and poor. To my wife's family having a well in their yard to pump instead of having to walk a distance to a community well and carry the water home was middle class . Today it has a electric pump that pumps the water to storage tanks above the house. When i first went there phones were mainly in call centers like a internet café today. Internet in the rural areas is still spotty and has to be pre paid, when visiting i go to a place in the mall in the big city and pay to use their computer. Today almost every one has a prepaid cellphone , my wife can talk to her mom any time she want now. If you ever get the chance to visit the Philippines Ken or i would be glad to give you some tips.

True. Ive never been to the Philipines , though that would be interesting. I seen very close to the same thing in Panama when I was there. It was a culture shock. In some areas the wealthy live in modern comfort but not too far away even more people live shacks or even holes in the side of a hill. You cant stop a car anywhere without someone trying to wash your windshield or sell you something for whatever you are willing to pay. And its not uncommon to see people all around with machine guns or worse. It was a crazy experience for me but I'm glad I had the chance to go.

yes it does

Holy scrap, dose that political sign say "yes to segregation"???? Wow

This is coming from a country where the Philippines president is a lot like Trump . He declared open season on drug users and sellers , they can be shot and killed in the streets. Many of the bodies end up dumped in the bay. The President claims he has killed some his self when he was a mayor of a large city. As to the segregation they are most likely referring to the darer skinned natives that live in the jungle and mountains. Many of them come into the cities looking for a hand out and can't find work so the resort to begging on the streets.

This is coming from a country where the Philippines president is a lot like Trump . He declared open season on drug users and sellers , they can be shot and killed in the streets. Many of the bodies end up dumped in the bay. The President claims he has killed some his self when he was a mayor of a large city. As to the segregation they are most likely referring to the darer skinned natives that live in the jungle and mountains. Many of them come into the cities looking for a hand out and can't find work so the resort to begging on the streets.

Hmmph , begging in the streets , kind of like here ,,,

beggers

Hmmph , begging in the streets , kind of like here ,,,

We avoid Manila air port in part because of it. , as soon as you leave the terminal they are every where with their hands out , half naked babies in their arms , many of them live in a slum built on the side of a garbage dump. They look much like the abrigional people in Australia they have no skills ,or education that would be use full in the city ,and are looked down on by many of the majority of people in the Philippines. They are considered a drain on the economy and resources. Manila is a very big and crowded place kind of like their New York city. Where Ken is in a rural area out side the city. We visit the central part of the Philippines about 450 miles south of there on the Island of Bohol. Pretty much in their society the lighter skinned you are the higher your status is , the darker you are the lower working class. You see this a lot in their TV shows and movies.

Fiest time in the Philippines

Here we go.
It is FESTA time here. That means PARTY TIME.. A lot of dancing in the streets. A lot of drinking every place you look.
It is some kind of religious thing they do here.
All over people have their videoky turned up. They all think they can sing real good. They think they are as good as Elvis or Dolly Parton ..
Not even close. In fact most of them needs to see a Dr.
During this Festa, some of them dress up real pretty. Like in their native costum. They have some drummers go with them. If they see you outside, here they come. They want to do a performance for you. It is kind of neat. At the end of their little show, one little girl will hold out a tin can so you can give them some money. Just another scam.
I did get pictures. I also got movies. I can not get the movies to down load. I am on a new lap top. Not to good on this thing.
Well , I hope you all enjoy... KEN :D

P S If I can get someone here to help on them vedios, I will post them.. THANKS

I found a site that has lots of additional pictures of Fiesta in the Philippines. The celebrations vary from town to town and Island depending on the local population. The biggest thing they have in common is every one has a great time. https://www.google.com/search?q=pic...sAQIJg&biw=1920&bih=974#imgrc=IEIfKvTcWlOQ5M:

Show me the money

They give you the can and say show me the money!!!!!:lol:
They do the same thing for Christmas they go door to door singing then hold out a contribution jar. I am sure that Ken has seen this , with a rich American they will keep singing till you give them so money to go away. After a while i am sure Ken will give some money for peace and quit.
:laughing:

They do the same thing for Christmas they go door to door singing then hold out a contribution jar. I am sure that Ken has seen this , with a rich American they will keep singing till you give them so money to go away. After a while i am sure Ken will give some money for peace and quit.
:laughing:

Yes Dave, I really enjoyed them kids singing Christmas songs in their language. I would give them 10 peso. They would sing a thank and leave.
Than the next night, here they come again.
Well, now I got smarter. I turn off the front lights and sit out back drinking coffee and having a smoke.. KEN :D

Philippines President

It sure does.. Over here you never know what you will see.
They have a cray president just like we do.. KEN :D

Even crazier is their president and our President like each , the biggest difference after having at least 7000 drug users and dealers killed in the streets , no trial , no jury , is has about a 85% approval rating among the people there.

Back
Top Bottom