• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First permission 1901 house and 13 acres!

Wloch248

So my son and I got our first permission today. It is a house and property about 1.5 miles from our house. There is a house built in 1901 on 13 acres. It was for sale during the housing crisis for about two years then looked abandoned with all the windows boarded. I had not seen anyone even on the property up until about 2 weeks ago. I stopped by a few times but there was always a generator running but no one readily available. We finally talked to someone today and got permission to search whenever anyone is there.

Now the bad news. After they started work but before I could get permission they graded/leveled a huge area around the house and where there was previously a garage. Basically all of the areas that have been suggested as great areas around old homes are in a state of chaos. Add to that that my detector (Fisher F22) was going nuts bouncing all around while I was there. Fresh batteries, cable tight, plug solidly in place, turned the sensitivity down but no luck. They had the portable generator running but no obvious overhead power lines and no buried lines. No idea what the issue was. I was only able to find a soup can lid, a bunch of glass, one weird looking bottle cap that rang up in the aluminum range, and a few areas of foil/trash. Very disappointed so far but only searched for about an hour and only a small section of property covered.

Should I still search through the upturned dirt areas?? That was where my detector was going nuts the worst. The property was supposedly an old tree farm but I haven't ventured back onto the property past the main house area.

Well, I found that there is a cell tower approx 1/4 mile from the property. It isn't a gigantic one but looks to be an "oversize really tall flagpole that they tried to disguise it by putting a big flag on it" type tower. Best explanation of the interference so far.

Try working away from the house to see where the interference stops.
Maybe Google map can give you a good idea of the over head layout?
Just a thought?

Some units hands EMI better than others. The fisher f70 I have and deus don't like EMI at all. Etrac is awesome in it but I use it on cleaner sites non nail infested.

Atpro was decent in EMI but freaked out a bit one me at times.

Good luck at the new permission!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try working away from the house to see where the interference stops.
Maybe Google map can give you a good idea of the over head layout?
Just a thought?

I already looked at the over head on maps. Here is a picture. The black circle at the top is the tower. The property is outlined in red. The house and garage area is blue. All of the area inside the blue is what was plowed, and flattened. No real idea why they did it either. As you can see, the tower is close and no matter where I am on the property it will be an issue

Back
Top Bottom