Part 2 equinox released!!!

InShepherdsArms

Elite Member
Looks like the new technology will have better target ID in strong soil conditions! Saltwater sand, black sands this new technology should shine! What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_3083.jpg
    IMG_3083.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 296
Seems that since the charts showing "28 frequencies" going into the ground has been proven to be marketing hype ML is now saying"well the number going into the ground at one time---really not so important-----------now".

Shepherd's arm: You give "black sands" (mineralized wet salt sand, right ?) as a supposed improvement on this new beast. Right ?

If so, then this is a weakness of the Excalibur and Explorers on some portions of the wet-salt beach. Fortunately VERY FEW stretches ever get that nasty where I'm at. But once in awhile, after storm erosion, it's possible to find patches (at gully wash outlets, or the base of some cuts at certain beaches), where the black sand is gun-powder grey/black. And sticks to a magnet. In conditions that bad, it's everything the exp and excal can do, to go 1" (or even to detect at all).

Fortunately those are limited stretches, and you can just "move right out" of them. However, one time, in attempting to cut through one such area, I could see silver coins lying right on top of the ground ! So my imagination ran wild as to how much I was probably missing. And .... As much as I hate pulse machines (can't knock out nails), yet I'd have given any price to have had a pulse machine at that exact moment :)

So I'll be looking forward to seeing how "improved" this ox is, in black wet salt sand. Thanx.

Seems that since the charts showing "28 frequencies" going into the ground has been proven to be marketing hype ML is now saying"well the number going into the ground at one time---really not so important-----------now".

Where do you see 28 frequencies in the chart? Those numbers are target IDs.

I'm curious to see if this rig is robust enough to physically survive the rigors and stresses of water hunting...Its light weight may be a handicap in this regards...

As a water hunter, I am not excited about the Equinox and I wasn't excited about the CTX either. I see many guys selling their "new & improved" detectors and remaining with tried and true Excals or CZ's. What will get my attention is when they come out with a pulse that can discriminate that is designed for a water hunter. (I have seen those French videos on this and I believe its in the works somewhere). I do not like to spend my time looking and reading a screen determining whether to dig or not. That slows down target acquisition. Sound is all I need.

Attachments

• dontbelievethehype.jpg
    dontbelievethehype.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 233
As a water hunter, I am not excited about the Equinox and I wasn't excited about the CTX either. I see many guys selling their "new & improved" detectors and remaining with tried and true Excals or CZ's. What will get my attention is when they come out with a pulse that can discriminate that is designed for a water hunter. (I have seen those French videos on this and I believe its in the works somewhere). I do not like to spend my time looking and reading a screen determining whether to dig or not. That slows down target acquisition. Sound is all I need.

Preach on, Brother Felix.

Let everyone sell their machines for the equinox. That'll just flood the market with good, cheap used machines. I like good, cheap used machines.

I'll let you guys know how it works in the surf. Id rather flood one of those several times under warranty than my CTX out of warranty.:lol:

Until i see a video of this thing in action at the beach or a review from a well known saltwater hunter i dont think this thing is worth its salt otherwise there would be SOMETHING to base an opinion on..until that time it's all smoke and mirrors. .

Back
Top Bottom