Fisher F4 or F5

Coin Striker

After using my new Fisher F4 for the past month, I'm already feeling like I need something more advanced. Should I throw in the towel just for the manual ground balance in discrimination mode (F5) or stick to my guns? I have hunted several different types of places and overall haven't found anything deeper than 4" (except for large iron junk). I have permission to detect some very awesome places to only find clad 4" down. Trust me, I know whats possibly down there 6"+, but I'm not sure if I'm getting there.

After using my new Fisher F4 for the past month, I'm already feeling like I need something more advanced. Should I throw in the towel just for the manual ground balance in discrimination mode (F5) or stick to my guns? I have hunted several different types of places and overall haven't found anything deeper than 4" (except for large iron junk). I have permission to detect some very awesome places to only find clad 4" down. Trust me, I know whats possibly down there 6"+, but I'm not sure if I'm getting there.

How hot are you able to run sensitivity?

I have been detecting a very large fairground that has been there since the early 50's. I'm running the sensitivity at whatever it is set at when you turn it on and discriminating iron, foil, pt and sc. It is quite trashy and I spend alot of time going back and forth over "shifty" signals to make sure that its trash and not something worth digging. I haven't had a good signal at 6"+ that has been something good though. Over the past weekend I received a set of Killer B Stingers so hopefully they will help better than the cheap pair of earbuds I have been using.

Back
Top Bottom