So,how many kept they're equinox,and who sold theirs?

Got rid of all but my 800 and my DFX's. My DFX's are my backup/loaners and still killer tot lot detectors. No plans to change anytime soon. Just keeps getting better.

Big treble,

With your current list of detectors you would be better suited for a Deus then all your bases would be covered. Ctx/Etrac with Deus and you have the best of all world's covered. Coin shooting and Relic hunting. Nox is good at all catagories just not the best etc

Question for you two, and no I'm not playing devils advocate or stirring g the pot.

CB, so if it's not replacing your XP, which I thought was the market ML was targeting, when or what type of hunting would you use it for?

Choppa, you said, it would be your main goto for coinshooting? You like it over the FBS?

I'm selling a FBS, NOW since I already have 2 units, now, just not sure I see the place in my arsenal for an 800, I'm thinking a XP might have a home soon though.

Well did not say it would be my "main go to" for coinshooting, what I was alluding to was that I did not feel the EQ800 would give me that much better performance than the EQ600 for the coin shooting I do.
I still prefer my CTX3030 and E Trac for coinshooting and even the Deus for Deep coins. Don't get me wrong, the Equinox is much lighter and still gives good performance and depth and in its price range it is hard to beat. Also I would be more comfortable dunking an $800 machine rather than a $2000 one.
I have a second Deus that I very well may trade for another EQ800 in the future so I can do some actual side by side comparisons when my son and I go out.

Big treble,

With your current list of detectors you would be better suited for a Deus then all your bases would be covered. Ctx/Etrac with Deus and you have the best of all world's covered. Coin shooting and Relic hunting. Nox is good at all catagories just not the best etc

Yeah, from everything I read, since last November(ish) I'm the oddball that really has zero interest in a Equinox, even more so since I've been seeing mixed reviews. Not bashing it, if I didn't have the arsenal I have, I might be interested. The only thing that keeps me from buying a Deus, is the fact how much #$@& I already have to charge to get ready and with the XP, I'd have to charge the coils too. Also if I'd preferr if it was field serviceable.

Well did not say it would be my "main go to" for coinshooting, what I was alluding to was that I did not feel the EQ800 would give me that much better performance than the EQ600 for the coin shooting I do.
I still prefer my CTX3030 and E Trac for coinshooting and even the Deus for Deep coins. Don't get me wrong, the Equinox is much lighter and still gives good performance and depth and in its price range it is hard to beat. Also I would be more comfortable dunking an $800 machine rather than a $2000 one.
I have a second Deus that I very well may trade for another EQ800 in the future so I can do some actual side by side comparisons when my son and I go out.

Got it, that makes sense.

Keeping my 600 , ....AT pro might never get used again. There are things I don't like about the NOX but its picking silver out of dense trash like nothing Ive ever used before. Cleaning up the clad too.

Spend some time with the Nox, I think it will grow on you. Play with the settings and find what works for you. IF you are a silver hunter I have a silver killer program with the Nox, but either way give it time and this machine will make you wonder "how did it do that"!

Please post up the silver program.

Yeah, from everything I read, since last November(ish) I'm the oddball that really has zero interest in a Equinox, even more so since I've been seeing mixed reviews. Not bashing it, if I didn't have the arsenal I have, I might be interested. The only thing that keeps me from buying a Deus, is the fact how much #$@& I already have to charge to get ready and with the XP, I'd have to charge the coils too. Also if I'd preferr if it was field serviceable.
Your in a great area with mostly stable soils (per USGS) and no need for this type of detector. I've also owned (own) CTXs, V3Is and actually 28 others. All are great machines. I'd say you are at the top of the echelon. only thing missing is a PI. But the NOX might suprise you.

Not saying to sell your existing lineup but it might be a nice addition to it.

Your in a great area with mostly stable soils (per USGS) and no need for this type of detector. I've also owned (own) CTXs, V3Is and actually 28 others. All are great machines. I'd say you are at the top of the echelon. only thing missing is a PI. But the NOX might suprise you.

Not saying to sell your existing lineup but it might be a nice addition to it.

Perhaps but, I've always had multiple machines, just can't bring my self to taking a machine I have less confidence in. I always feel like that would be deciding to vacuums the carpet one day with a less powerful machine like you only want to pick up part of the dirt. LOL

just a mental block I have.

Perhaps but, I've always had multiple machines, just can't bring my self to taking a machine I have less confidence in. I always feel like that would be deciding to vacuums the carpet one day with a less powerful machine like you only want to pick up part of the dirt. LOL

just a mental block I have.

Always a good plan to have multiple detectors. The vacuum analogy is fitting. Use the tool that best fits the job at hand. You dont want an upright to clean your car and you don't want a shop-vac to clean your household carpet. When you need a rug doctor neither of the others will work either.

The EQX is an awesome detector but anyone who says its the best for every situation doesnt know what hes talking about.

The OP was about CTX vs EQX. In my local soil the EQX is every bit as deep as the CTX for targets like silver dimess and small coppers. The EQX spanks the 3030 for nickels and gold (but also for aluminum trash). The 3030 has a far more stable TID on deep targets (but a jumpy dime reading is still almost guaranteed to be a good conductor, so is that steady TID meaningful???) The EQX is also far safer in the water than the 3030. Do I even have to mention the 3030 is double the weight?

So, for those reasons, the EQX is my new primary detector, although I'm keeping the 3030 for backup and for cross checking clear ground for ultra-deep coins with the 17" sasquatch coil. :lol:

Now, for my anecdotal evidence... I have dug more buffalo and v-nickels EACH WEEK with the EQX than in 2 years with the 3030. I have also dug more gold than ever dug with the 3030. I also like the responses of the EQX to the Excal, so for the beach I'm only reaching for my EQX.

Always a good plan to have multiple detectors. The vacuum analogy is fitting. Use the tool that best fits the job at hand. You dont want an upright to clean your car and you don't want a shop-vac to clean your household carpet. When you need a rug doctor neither of the others will work either.

The EQX is an awesome detector but anyone who says its the best for every situation doesnt know what hes talking about.

The OP was about CTX vs EQX. In my local soil the EQX is every bit as deep as the CTX for targets like silver dimess and small coppers. The EQX spanks the 3030 for nickels and gold (but also for aluminum trash). The 3030 has a far more stable TID on deep targets (but a jumpy dime reading is still almost guaranteed to be a good conductor, so is that steady TID meaningful???) The EQX is also far safer in the water than the 3030. Do I even have to mention the 3030 is double the weight?

So, for those reasons, the EQX is my new primary detector, although I'm keeping the 3030 for backup and for cross checking clear ground for ultra-deep coins with the 17" sasquatch coil. :lol:

Now, for my anecdotal evidence... I have dug more buffalo and v-nickels EACH WEEK with the EQX than in 2 years with the 3030. I have also dug more gold than ever dug with the 3030. I also like the responses of the EQX to the Excal, so for the beach I'm only reaching for my EQX.

Lol, I was just thinking if the nickel thing, since I went to ML I quit digging nickle signals since its poor identifying of the two. After hunting with the V3i, which is virtually 100% accurate on defining aluminum from Nickel up to about 7 inches. That one thing i miss.

How about an option for who didn't buy one? :yes:

Me ;)

That's me too. I've got a CTX and it's finding me enough old coins. Got 9 old coins today (two silvers) and about $65 in modern coins. The Equinox would've probably picked up most of these targets, but why should I get a new detector when my current one is doing just fine?

That's me too. why should I get a new detector when my current one is doing just fine?

Thats exactly where I'm at as well...I approach this Sport from a money generating/ROI point of view...I cannot justify a NOX just yet... even though from what I've been seeing, the NOX 800 has the physical capability to replace both my other brooms...(Clad Hammer and WaterGold)

But hey, I'm satisfied and happy with what I find and how I hunt, my other rigs generate steady pay yearly, I know them and dont have to think about what they are saying... one goes down, I got the other for backup etc...

NCToad gave me some advice...specifically for how he knows my deal and how I hunt...for what I do, the NOX800 would probably not up my inland clad game much if at all...so its a personal thing...

I still might get one though, if they come out with a large aftermarket coil for the waterhunters...I do like a Lot of tones, so that feature alone it might could replace my AtPro...:?: my Clad Hammer (F70) is plenty fast as it is, and has full tones...the Pro only has 4...it finds gold, but damn, cant tell a dime from a Q by the same tones......its nice to be able to hunt straight audible via tones alone...so thats why I'm interested a bit to deploy it for...

I still might get one though, if they come out with a large aftermarket coil for the waterhunters... .

Honestly, I dont know if I want a giant coil for water hunting. The depths I'm pulling targets with the stock 11", I don't think I could recover deeper in the water. Maybe for dry sand and cuts, but not in the water.

Honestly, I dont know if I want a giant coil for water hunting. The depths I'm pulling targets with the stock 11", I don't think I could recover deeper in the water. Maybe for dry sand and cuts, but not in the water.

Thats a certainly valid point depending on the area, but here in these large West Michigan sand expanses, short season, a guy likes a bit of larger footprint coverage and not so much about the depth...sure a guy would want to pop on the small coil for working inland lakes around the docks and stuff...lotsa old junk etc....but not on the Big water/beaches, just too much wide open realestate, so a guy needs the coverage......

why should I get a new detector when my current one is doing just fine?

Because of what you might not be finding with your current detector? You never know what you missed until you try something new.

I myself am torn. I use an AT Pro and I did have a CTX3030 back in the day, but found it wasn't what I needed at the time. I found more with the AT Pro than I did with the CTX, but now that new technology is available in the EQ 800, I am thinking this might be something to look in to.

Reason I am not getting one at the moment is because they're still not filling current orders.

You will find targets with the Nox that the AT PRO OR GOLD cant see. That's a fact.... I better be careful don't want to get woodbutcher started .lol It doesn't take much testing to see the Nox blisters the AT series line of detectors.

Back
Top Bottom