• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Amelia Island, FLA

Number9

In Memory Of
Has anyone hunted this location?
Thinking about a trip in the next few weeks?
Fernandina Beach being an old Florida town, thought this area might be a good place to detect?

A board seach didn't bring up any hits on past post.

Thanks!

GEE... WIZZ...

I'm thankful I only ask about a detecting location!!:lol:

Hey... "I" don't need a good scoop like "some people"!!!
...he..he..he:lol:

That was funny.........But

I would take one of those Number9 Ti scoops anyday over the old heavy SS's

I have been out there detecting a few times. There are a few public beaches but I cant remember their exact location , I just remember they are a few miles out past amelia island plantation ( its been a long time since Ive been there ). Aside from a couple beaches , its almost all private property. Nearby Fernandina Bch. has a good beach for detecting , and the area where the schools are has a lot of history. Ive found a few silver coins right around the washouts in the sand at the high school. The area is not the best destination for a detectorist but there are a couple of options.

Hey! Thanks for your help, ohiochris and pinheadken!

We try to make a trip to the beach twice a year. Pat loves the ocean, and it's much different that the beach hunting around the lakes here at home.

md.jpg
ParksvilleLk.jpg

We did made two trips this past year to the OBX and St, Simons Island...

WayneOBX.jpg
PatOBX.jpg

My normal environment is the mountains, camping next to a stream, hunting gemstones, it is hard to beat!

oct07-f.jpg
shower.jpg
bc23.jpg
ruby1.jpg

But Pat says it's good for me to go to the ocean, it keeps me from getting to wild and crazy!

bc52.jpg

No, the walking stick/shovel, pick, and machete, in the pictures, are not made from aluminum... or stainless!
And yes, the guy in the pictures is crazy!:lol:

bc4.jpg

-Wayne

You are welcome. If you live in or near the mountains of Tennessee then you are in one of the most awesome places in the country. If you havent already , look around at the TVA campgrounds around the lakes in the Tennessee and Georgia area , there is a valuable resource there for metal detecting that many overlook. Unless the rules have changed in the past few years , metal detecting is ok there in the campsites , shorelines , and beaches as long as you are camping there. They can be pretty productive.

Back
Top Bottom