Scoop suggestions

stealth, starvr, and xtreme all seem to be good scoops.
I have been wondering, what makes one choose a shape over another shape.

Best example will come from xtreme as its a common manufacture and the build quality should be even.
Why would one choose the shape of the XTREME Scoops Sand Shredder Pro v2 (similar to a starvr)
over
XTREME Scoops Surf-Master X2 ( similar to a stealth )

Are there certain uses cases that take advantage of each shape?

Noreaster

Not to get into anymore scoop battle's, believe me there has been plenty that i have been in,and disaplined for, it's just preference in choice, One with Starv scoop's that has never changed is that screw goose neck handle lock down, you will find that on Cheap scoop's along with Stavr scoop's, NEVER updated, other than that nothing else that i don't like, SunSpot make's a good scoop, still have 4, now Xtreme has changed the market , how, making laser cut higher grade SS out of not only 304 SS, but now 316 SS, and i here will be making Titanium scoops soon , like all other manufacturer's , not just scoop builder's, they update, keep up, or loose to the compitition , just like me , i have plenty scoop's now, but i will not buy another 304 SS, when 316 SS ,and titanium are available, my opinion here only, that's just me, happy hunting. PS CYA all later, i will CHIME in next week , you all have a nice weekend cya ICE :lol:

Best example will come from xtreme as its a common manufacture and the build quality should be even.
Why would one choose the shape of the XTREME Scoops Sand Shredder Pro v2 (similar to a starvr)
over

Some of us are loyal to a man who built quality scoops and gave a life time warranty... I for one will never give my hard earned money to a guy who copied Sunspot and Stavr scoops... that is low class in my book...

Some of us are loyal to a man who built quality scoops and gave a life time warranty... I for one will never give my hard earned money to a guy who copied Sunspot and Stavr scoops... that is low class in my book...

Understood, but it wasn't an endorsement. Its more of a theory question. From a shape/style perspective what is the functional difference between a stealth and a starvr. All else being equal of course.

I have both. I would say when digging underwater or where there is wave action and pinpointing is a little more difficult I would use the stealth with a slightly wider mouth (720).

In wet sand where pinpointing is easier I can get by with the Stavr, take a smaller bite and lift a little less sand.

They're both great scoops. I have custom assist handles which makes them better, for me.

Attachments

• IMG_1617.JPG
    IMG_1617.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 290
  • IMG_1619.JPG
    IMG_1619.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 273
The name of the game in the water is fast target recovery. Especially if there is any kind of wave activity. And only if you are in a target infested area. That's why I will tow behind me a small floating sifter. About 2'x3' , PVC, pool noodles , fine plastic mesh , zip ties. 1 or 2 big scoops into my sifter usually gets it. I don't even look inside. Just move onto the next target and the wave action cleans it. After about 7 or 8 targets then I look and clean it out. What a feeling to look and see coins and a couple of rings inside !

Maybe at your beaches... I can dig a hole looking for a target and wait a month and come come back and that hole will be waiting there with the pile next to it... yes in the water... :lol: When you have islands off shore and hunt in Long Island Sound its like hunting in a fish bowl :D

I had hunted this spot... took a month off and when I returned my boot prints and holes were still there :laughing: bottom is mud, clay and a slight amount of gravel...

That wouldnt be my method. I like to see what the target is ..... if its quality there could be more and a very good reason to grid or slow down. Like targets can gather in an area.

Craig.... you need a back hoe not a scoop in those rocks.:laughing:

Robo.... ya thats the scoop i just got. Worked well yesterday..... those i need few calm days to see how those larger holes work for me. I need to be one of those guys who say .....if it went thru the scoop let it go..... but ive had a lot of chains i didnt see at first go thru the scoop. Main thing about a scoop is .... get the right holes for the material.... that aint a POC for the price.

This is the scoop you need

All aluminum with one big hole

Attachments

• IMG_1764_1.JPG
    IMG_1764_1.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_1786_1.JPG
    IMG_1786_1.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 247

over

I personally find that in hard sand , wet pack environment , a scoop with a more pronounced point works best. It will bite into the sand much better and faster. Speed is important to me. With a rounded tip , in hard pack or rock , the scoop at times will "roll" on you. Your foot slips off and there goes your ankle ! If you dig in slo-mo , no worries. But I'm all about speed and moving on to the next target.

over

̶S̶t̶a̶r̶v̶r̶ Stavr ;)

Stavr. Also CF shafts can be found on the cheap right now if you look hard enough.
Stavr scoops are light, well built, decent price.

I'm on the lookout for a CF shaft for my Stavr scoop. On my second wood shaft but hoping to save some weight. any hints? thanks

Back
Top Bottom