Something to think about

choppadude

Forum Supporter
I know there are ALOT of choices out there when looking to purchase a detector and I have about bought and owned them all.
Fortunately for the buyer the customer service these days is much better than days of past due to manufactures like Garrett and Whites setting the bar pretty high. Couple this with the age of the internet where and couple unhappy customer reviews and internet post can reek havoc with future sales.

One thing that has not changed all that much are warranties. They all sound good until you need that service. Then you find out that 2 year warranty you thought covered your detector only covers the coil for 6 months. Or than 3 year warranty on you new unit is great but a year 9 months later when your rechargeable battery dies you find out it is only covered with a 6 month warranty!

I am glad to say that XP is a company that provides a 5 year warranty and the 5 years is good for the complete detector!
Case in point, my 2+ year old Deus WS4 puck had an issue with the buttons not always working. I sent it in and in less than 5 days I had it back repaired and like new. Last week my 11 X 13" coil just stopped working. I called the US repair center they sent me a RA # and within a couple days I had a call from Moe stating that the coil did indeed have a issue with the battery and also with the plug for the battery. Since it was neither an easy or quick fix he decided to send me a brand new coil and send my old one back to XP!
That is the type of service that keeps customers coming back.
Now before I get someone to chime in with criticism, No they do not cover the charging clip. I am not sure I can blame them because they cannot control how the end user is using this item and it is a frequently used piece. I have 3 clips on hand but never had an issue with one and I am consistently charging 4 coils. Also they will not cover a broken coil ear, but then again I do not know of any other manufacture that does. And yes, they insist on the original receipt for warranty work. I keep all receipts for my units and pass on a copy of it when I sell a used unit.
At the end of the day I am very happy with not only the product but the customer service and warranty attention that XP gives. The longest warranty in the business I believe not that Tesoro is on its way out

You've gotten official word stating Tesoro is now defunct?

Nothing official but have seen post sharing statements from the top guy saying they were more or less done. Not my intent to spread rumors but ALOT of people out there saying as much.

I have had great experience with Michael and Moe as well, very good folks! My headphone puck went wacky very early on and they sent me a new one and last month Moe replaced the circuitboard in my mi6.

Garret covered the broken ear on my AT pro coil.

When my Deus was 4 1/2 years old I started to get a dark spot forming in the center of the display. I alley the service center, sent it in to Moe and within a few days had it back as good as new. Great CS, never a complaint from me. That is the only thing on my original deus that is 5 1/2 years to go out. Even my batteries are still good and charging. Build quality the best in the business.

Nothing official but have seen post sharing statements from the top guy saying they were more or less done. Not my intent to spread rumors but ALOT of people out there saying as much.

No, I was just curious as to any official statement given. Seems like "limbo" still.

I know there are ALOT of choices out there when looking to purchase a detector and I have about bought and owned them all.
Fortunately for the buyer the customer service these days is much better than days of past due to manufactures like Garrett and Whites setting the bar pretty high. Couple this with the age of the internet where and couple unhappy customer reviews and internet post can reek havoc with future sales.

One thing that has not changed all that much are warranties. They all sound good until you need that service. Then you find out that 2 year warranty you thought covered your detector only covers the coil for 6 months. Or than 3 year warranty on you new unit is great but a year 9 months later when your rechargeable battery dies you find out it is only covered with a 6 month warranty!

I am glad to say that XP is a company that provides a 5 year warranty and the 5 years is good for the complete detector!
Case in point, my 2+ year old Deus WS4 puck had an issue with the buttons not always working. I sent it in and in less than 5 days I had it back repaired and like new. Last week my 11 X 13" coil just stopped working. I called the US repair center they sent me a RA # and within a couple days I had a call from Moe stating that the coil did indeed have a issue with the battery and also with the plug for the battery. Since it was neither an easy or quick fix he decided to send me a brand new coil and send my old one back to XP!
Now before I get someone to chime in with criticism, No they do not cover the charging clip. I am not sure I can blame them because they cannot control how the end user is using this item and it is a frequently used piece. I have 3 clips on hand but never had an issue with one and I am consistently charging 4 coils. Also they will not cover a broken coil ear, but then again I do not know of any other manufacture that does. And yes, they insist on the original receipt for warranty work. I keep all receipts for my units and pass on a copy of it when I sell a used unit.
At the end of the day I am very happy with not only the product but the customer service and warranty attention that XP gives. The longest warranty in the business I believe not that Tesoro is on its way out

So I have a question. In your expert opinion, If you were to do a speed comparison between the Nox, Deus and Impact/Kruzer. How do you feel they stack up against one another?

So I have a question. In your expert opinion, If you were to do a speed comparison between the Nox, Deus and Impact/Kruzer. How do you feel they stack up against one another?

As far as recovery speed I would say the Deus tops them all with the Equinox 800 a very close second. I hunted a civil war fort a few years ago that was just loaded with iron and nails, the Deus did an excellent job pulling several cuff buttons as well as other artifacts from this carpet of iron.

As far as recovery speed I would say the Deus tops them all with the Equinox 800 a very close second. I hunted a civil war fort a few years ago that was just loaded with iron and nails, the Deus did an excellent job pulling several cuff buttons as well as other artifacts from this carpet of iron.

Thanks I think lol. Was hoping you were going to say the MMK/NI were right up there. Might make my decisions easier. I get that analysis paralysis !!!!, and was looking for an end all supreme being so to speak. And the coil options stand out on one.

Don't get me wrong, the Makro/Nokta current line up are machines that get the job done. What they have accomplished in a short amount of time is incredible. What really stands out is the way they incorporate users suggestions into their new releases.
I think there will come a time when they will be surpassing some of the big guys out there but they are not quite there yet.

I've personally dealt with warranties on my first detector (Bounty Hunter Quick Silver) First Texas took care of a broken headphone jack quickly and with no issues. Quck turn around, couldn't be happier. Also Garrett replaced the stock coil on my ATP free of charge when the bottom basically fell out of it, send me some replacement battery holders when I dropped mine on the concrete floor, even sent me a new screen when I rammed a thorn through mine. Dealings with both companies were quick and painless.

First Texas sent me a brand new Eurotek Pro and a new Omega when I had issues with the detectors. I’d even bought the Omega used and they still sent a whole new replacement and took real good care of me. Great company.

Disagree

Fisher , Teknetics , have a 5 years warranty , however it is nice that Deus has a 5 year also, now ML and Whites need to jump on the band wagon 4 sure.

Fisher , Teknetics , have a 5 years warranty , however it is nice that Deus has a 5 year also, now ML and Whites need to jump on the band wagon 4 sure.

Yeah but Fisher and the rest of the First Texas line only warranty the coil for 1 year I believe. Although I have never had to send one in to them for repair. very solid built machines.

That’s great to hear!
First Texas also makes you pay for the shipping back to them. Which I think is pretty lame.

W t

Never had a issue with any Fisher machine, cz70pro, 2 F75s, F75se, cz20, Teknetis omega 8000, one issue out of 4 Euro tek pro , the pin point button, they replaced o charge and shipped back , as Choppa states the coil is not covered under the 5 yr warranty, i wouldn't know, no coil issues.

Service

Good point on "reading the fine print" but I think the metal detector companies have the best customer service out there. Fisher sent me a new 8500 head for free and no return shipping charge. Whites sent me battery covers at no charge. Tesoro and garret have always been helpful. I've heard great things about the others too.

tesoro is concentrating on repairing detectors at the present time.they are still
in business,just not producing detectors now.latest i heard.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom