T Handle Lecshe

Hey usmceng1, I liked your idea of a T handle so much that I welded one up in the shop. First one so it is a little rough. The blade is made of 420c steel which I intend to lightly harden (dont want it too hard and brittle). Great Idea. I briefly considered putting a pivoting handle on it like on a rotohammer but it works so well like it is I don't think it needs any gimicks. Thanks for the idea........................metalwrkr

That's a cool tool. Did you make of just modify an original digger?

I know this is a 7yr old thread but I wanted to post an update on the T handles. The last couple years I havent detected much. I just started again this year but during the years that I was detecting I really gave both of them alot of dig time. I used the lesche the most, but I also used the gator. Both have stood up to some tough digging and have never failed. Hope this can help some new detectorists that have never seen this post before improve already awsome digging tools.

Attachments

• 20180604_144641-1.jpg
    20180604_144641-1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 228
Hey thanks for the update. I must say, I am impressed. When I read the first post, I thought PVC? Glue? Tape? Good idea, but this thing will fall apart by the end of the season for sure! ...but Still solid? Very nice! Even if ya have to redo it every few years, that wouldn't be bad. Plenty of variations to this mod are possible. I'll be considering this as I'm wearing out the grip on my WHite's Digmaster.

Hey thanks for the update. I must say, I am impressed. When I read the first post, I thought PVC? Glue? Tape? Good idea, but this thing will fall apart by the end of the season for sure! ...but Still solid? Very nice! Even if ya have to redo it every few years, that wouldn't be bad. Plenty of variations to this mod are possible. I'll be considering this as I'm wearing out the grip on my WHite's Digmaster.

I didn't think it would last as long as it did, but they have withstood some tough digging and never failed. Digging is alot easier due to pushing down on the T handle and using your palm to pry the plug. Im sure they're not indestructible but they can take a beating. Also its an inexpensive mod. A forum member Buzz Wilson also makes the T handle out of metal. I have one of his double serated edged t handle leche digger which he made for me. His model is a beast because its dual sided and the T is welded on the lesche.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom