What happened to this forum ?

Dcruse

Banned
Up until several years ago this was an entertaining and fun place to visit. I really feel sorry for those that weren't around back then and I guess if you don't know what you missed you can't miss it.

Sponsorship is down to 4 when 12 was the norm. There were a wide range of characters here and the discussions were a lot more intense,but entertaining. I think the site reflects moderation and it seems they went too far.

... I think the site reflects moderation and it seems they went too far.

I have no idea what "isn't up to snuff enough" for you , @ the forum as -it-is-now. But I do NOT consider the moderation here to be anything less than extremely tolerant, fair, patient, etc... So I'm not sure what you are talking about. :confused:

Has nothing to do with the topic here. I am comparing this forum vs what this forum was.

Your reference to discussions being intense and entertaining does have something to do with what I posted. No offense intended nor was I trying to derail your topic. Just a fact. This forum does seem to have become more "Friendly" and that is a good thing in my opinion.

I think your post is against the rules for political reasons but I'm not trying to be the forum police.
I'm not talking about discussions that were against the rules, but rather discussions that often got interesting and sometimes heated. Also discussions that had a high entertainment value that were characteristic of the posters themselves without being heated .

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea what "isn't up to snuff enough" for you , @ the forum as -it-is-now. But I do NOT consider the moderation here to be anything less than extremely tolerant, fair, patient, etc... So I'm not sure what you are talking about. :confused:

Your opinion on moderation is noted. What do you see as the decline in this site over the last several years ?

I think your post is against the rules for political reasons but I'm not trying to be the forum police.
I'm not talking about discussions that were against the rules, but rather discussions that often got interesting and sometimes heated. Also discussions that had a high entertainment value that were characteristic of the posters themselves without being heated .

If you take the time to check my history, you will find that I do not break the rules. I was just developing a subject matter that seemed to "peak your interest" but in the eyes of some it was somewhat entertaining. If you wish a bit of heat in the topic I could have used a thermometer on that fellow prior to his trip down stream:)))

If you take the time to check my history, you will find that I do not break the rules. I was just developing a subject matter that seemed to "peak your interest" but in the eyes of some it was somewhat entertaining. If you wish a bit of heat in the topic I could have used a thermometer on that fellow prior to his trip down stream:)))

Do you feel the forum was more entertaining and fun back when you joined ?

Up until several years ago this was an entertaining and fun place to visit. I really feel sorry for those that weren't around back then and I guess if you don't know what you missed you can't miss it.

Sponsorship is down to 4 when 12 was the norm. There were a wide range of characters here and the discussions were a lot more intense,but entertaining. I think the site reflects moderation and it seems they went too far.

Facebook can be one of the reasons...

Just curious Dcruse, what was your prior User Name? Your "style" seems very familiar!

Been a member here since 2006, mods here have always been very fair and lenient. All the forum's participation is down and it has much more to do with face book than with FMD moderation. JMPO

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Facebook can be one of the reasons...

Facebook and youtube have been around for quite some time and they have drawn people that would participate in a forum. That shouldn't have an effect on the content though and anyone that was around when this forum was more lively probably misses those days.

Facebook and youtube have been around for quite some time and they have drawn people that would participate in a forum. That shouldn't have an effect on the content though and anyone that was around when this forum was more lively probably misses those days.

How about 30 million unemployed because of a virus... food and rent comes before detecting.

Been a member here since 2006, mods here have always been very fair and lenient. All the forum's participation is down and it has much more to do with face book than with FMD moderation. JMPO

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

You are the moderator over at Tnet are you not ? The special privileges you gave to FindersKeepers caused a lot of people to leave or get banned so, I wouldn't consider your view on moderation to be credible, not that they are as unfair here as there.

How about 30 million unemployed because of a virus... food and rent comes before detecting.

The virus is fairly new in comparison to the decline of this forum. It is even more noticeable on weekends, especially evenings.

.... What do you see as the decline in this site over the last several years ?

That implies there's been a "decline" here, in the first place. And I'm not seeing it, so not-sure what you're referring to.

... not that they are as unfair here as there.

Sure, there's a *certain* forum where you can't 'diss magic wands and ghost stories. But that has nothing to do with this forum. The mod's here are more than patient, fair, etc.... So .... you are making assertions with no grounds IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom