Battle Axe 1000 A.D

kini

This is a once in a lifetime find. Found that with an Fisher Goldbug DP in the depth of 25 - 30 cm. But i think it is such a big chunk of steel that i would have been able to find it with an ACE 150 also.

The Battle Axe is about 25 cm in length. I found it in the woods. No battlefield known there.

Hope you like it.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-09-09 12-04-46.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-09-09 12-04-46.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 705
  • Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-09-09 12-05-23.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto vom 2017-09-09 12-05-23.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 716
Hi Kini. That's a fantastic find. You guys in Europe kill me with the truly ancient stuff you find. Super congratulations on the amazing find.

Awesome!!!

Yes it is :yes:

Hi Kini. That's a fantastic find. You guys in Europe kill me with the truly ancient stuff you find. Super congratulations on the amazing find.

I can't tell about the feeling you are having finding such stuff. You are the first touching this after 1000 years a medieval knight lost it. Then you are restoring it an you feel you are in one line with the armour who forged it. Thats all amazing. But such stuff is very rare to find and you have to go hours and hours and years by years.

That's amazing!!! Congrats! Will you keep it or display in a museum?

That's amazing!!! Congrats! Will you keep it or display in a museum?

My girls are not interested in all the old things i am finding. So when i leave that world and go to the lord, my finds will be in an museum.

This is a once in a lifetime find. Found that with an Fisher Goldbug DP in the depth of 25 - 30 cm. But i think it is such a big chunk of steel that i would have been able to find it with an ACE 150 also.

The Battle Axe is about 25 cm in length. I found it in the woods. No battlefield known there.

Hope you like it.

Wow, it's like it came out of a mold that was used for the documentation's head. AMAZING find!

What are you talking about? EVERY Time we go out, we find ancient stuff.

that rock? well over 1000 years old

That other rock? Probably closer to a million.

And that big rock? Man, I wouldn't even hazard a guess, I think I dinosaur cleaned it's teeth on it.

And that small rock? totally was used to toss at chipmunks in 400BC.

I'm just saying, there's LOTS in the ground that's old.

Oh... You meant MAN-MADE!? Well. yeah, ok.

Skippy

Congratulations on your incredible find! Brings thoughts of gory glory to mind. You did an amazing job of restoring it! I'm totally sending my next medieval metal weapon find to you for restoration!

Last edited:
What are you talking about? EVERY Time we go out, we find ancient stuff.

that rock? well over 1000 years old

That other rock? Probably closer to a million.

And that big rock? Man, I wouldn't even hazard a guess, I think I dinosaur cleaned it's teeth on it.

And that small rock? totally was used to toss at chipmunks in 400BC.

I'm just saying, there's LOTS in the ground that's old.

Oh... You meant MAN-MADE!? Well. yeah, ok.

Skippy

Well skippy, as one who has studied extensively, the truly ancient past, I agree. Actually, depending on where we live, we walk over rocks and formations that are 100's of millions of years old. Frankly, below them are formations that are billions of years old. Even formations that we see every day in road cuts, coal mines, quarries etc are 100's of millions of years old. If you think of it in absolute terms, everything beneath our feet on this planet is 4.54 billion years old, (the formation of planet earth). Not to mention that all the matter we call planet earth is as old as the universe itself. Which is currently believed to be 13 to 14 billion years.
But, as we are discussing metal detecting for artifacts, yea I was alluding to man made objects.

That is awesome. Would not want to be on the recieving end of that. Makes you wonder how many were.

Hope you like it.

Amazing relic, holy Moses that's just neat! Congrats :yes:

I used to be married to a battle axe from about the same time period :no:

:toofunny: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom