Good Video on Nox vs 3030 and Etrac

Not a bad video, but I wish they'd review the settings on each machine and show the screens as they detect.

I really appreciate DirtFishing's videos for this reason.

Not a bad video, but I wish they'd review the settings on each machine and show the screens as they detect.

I really appreciate DirtFishing's videos for this reason.

I saw it last night and yes I agree. Also the CTX using the 17in coil is unfair. Then they stated several times none of them know how to set up or what the settings mean on the Equinox.

:cool:Pretty good video.
Couple things I noticed.
22 sens being run it seems at least on some targets with Nox.
Also, what was Nox's vol level set to.

Seems both fbs types were turned up loud.

And then which mode exactly was Equinos runner using. Wish he would have stayed in park 2, speed 6 0 iron bias.

Also, and I'm not picking on the Nox runner, it was obvious their time very limited on unit, due to their interpretation of ID numbers vs coin denomination.

All in all pretty good video.
Really I think the video showed. A park hunter using Nox with some time under their belt, likely not to do e home empty handed finds wise.

Nox is the best old home hunting detector for my area bar none to find copper and silver.

I will say this, and I don't have old parks here to hunt, mostly old homes, barns, churches ecr.

Based on my actual 80 hours in the field and using and testing for over 30 hours, I can say the following about Nox as it pertains to my area (even just using stock coil).
I have never been a volume finds coin hunter.
It is my opinion, hunting the sites around in my neck of the woods. I think it very possible to net 250 silver coin finds in one year's time using Nox 800. I have used Etrac and CTX around here and based on my use of these, a 250 silver coin find in one years time impossible.

Maybe some here think I am blowing Nox out of proportion here, but this is my honest assessment. I am finding coins silver too in areas I have already pounded using fbs/fbs2 detectors.

Now to be clear here, how many years in a row could I possibly net 250 silver coins in a one years time. I wouldn't expect many, unless I really branched out distance wise. Plus there is this other problem. Other Nox users likely to crop up and be hunting sites around here.

Silver coin finds in back woods poor azz Tn don't come easy. Seems most that exist, exist in the more high traffic areas, which means iron, nails, and yes higher concentrations of modern trash.

I call balls balls and strikes strikes.
Nox happens to be a home run for me.

Last edited:
It is my opinion, hunting the sites around in my neck of the woods. I think it very possible to net 250 silver coin finds in one year's time using Nox 800. I have used Etrac and CTX around here and based on my use of these, a 250 silver coin find in one years time impossible.

I've never seen a Nox, and have one hunt under my belt with an E-Trac. This seems like a bold statement. What is it that you think gives the Nox the edge over the E-Trac and CTX in finding silver?

Surprised at the praise on this video. This guy uses large shovels in our mid missouri parks and leaves these 12" plugs raised 3" when put back do to all the loose dirt not packed back down.

Surprised at the praise on this video. This guy uses large shovels in our mid missouri parks and leaves these 12" plugs raised 3" when put back do to all the loose dirt not packed back down.

Wow I agree! Looks like they could plant bushes in those holes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:cool:Pretty good video.
Couple things I noticed.
22 sens being run it seems at least on some targets with Nox.
Also, what was Nox's vol level set to.

Seems both fbs types were turned up loud.

And then which mode exactly was Equinos runner using. Wish he would have stayed in park 2, speed 6 0 iron bias.

Also, and I'm not picking on the Nox runner, it was obvious their time very limited on unit, due to their interpretation of ID numbers vs coin denomination.

All in all pretty good video.
Really I think the video showed. A park hunter using Nox with some time under their belt, likely not to do e home empty handed finds wise.

Nox is the best old home hunting detector for my area bar none to find copper and silver.

I will say this, and I don't have old parks here to hunt, mostly old homes, barns, churches ecr.

Based on my actual 80 hours in the field and using and testing for over 30 hours, I can say the following about Nox as it pertains to my area (even just using stock coil).
I have never been a volume finds coin hunter.

Maybe some here think I am blowing Nox out of proportion here, but this is my honest assessment. I am finding coins silver too in areas I have already pounded using fbs/fbs2 detectors.

Now to be clear here, how many years in a row could I possibly net 250 silver coins in a one years time. I wouldn't expect many, unless I really branched out distance wise. Plus there is this other problem. Other Nox users likely to crop up and be hunting sites around here.

Silver coin finds in back woods poor azz Tn don't come easy. Seems most that exist, exist in the more high traffic areas, which means iron, nails, and yes higher concentrations of modern trash.

I call balls balls and strikes strikes.
Nox happens to be a home run for me.

You like the nox so much it's now in your aviator picture! Nothing wrong with having a personal preference

WoodButcher

He's not the only one who like's the Nox, True in this case, the guy with the Nox didn't have enough time , or hours using the machine, knowing what setting, sensitivity, speed , mode , bias , on adjustment's- makes a difference on the Nox, if you are going to compare 3 machine's , same size coil's, than all 3 people should know the machines they are swinging- like the back of there hand. The video is worthless :imo::my2cents::sorry:

I've never seen a Nox, and have one hunt under my belt with an E-Trac. This seems like a bold statement. What is it that you think gives the Nox the edge over the E-Trac and CTX in finding silver?

Donsell,
My statement is based on a few things.
Remember what Insaid is based on coins in my area.

I ran Etrac and CTX steady for around 2.5 yrs around here. Never did dig many real deep coins. I believe 4 total like past 9.5" deep.

Remember CTX and Etrac are heavier vs Nox. So I think I can run Nox longer.
Also Nox can be swept faster on average.
Nox out does Etrac and CTX in iron.

What I said is I can I think hunt the first 8" depth more efficient and faster using Nox vs either CTX or Etrac.

Now, me saying what I have doesn't mean Nox cleans out all coins, or even coins Etrac or CTX may indeed may capable of finding.

Now if I go smaller coil route with CTX, ground coverage gets a lot smaller.
Same with Etrac.

Old homes around here are literally junk yards, etc, iron city, and in what seems like where the coins exist are riddled with modern trash. Folks need to understand old homes around here, deer hunters have been in,, and lots of times newer homes sit near where older homes once did.

The Nox is easy for me to understand. I can finesse the coil in bad spots and get some goodies.

Donsell, I have been watching forums for a while, even here there are a few used to be dedicated CTX users and I think used to be etrac runners. Some of these folks went to Deus, I think for at least some of the reasons I stated above.
It looks like now so em of these folks who did transition to Deus have now got Equinox. So we will see. So far their reports are good.

Now of I were in a cleaner park hunter for copper and silver, yep I would get an Etrac and never look back. Notice I didn't say CTX. The reason is for the loot Etrac better coin hunter vs Etrac.. I had. 2 CTXs, and hunted behind sites where I had pounded with Etrac. Not much found period. The nickel window tone really is the only nice thing about CTX vs Etrac.

I should also say, fbs units been out a while. So there is a good chance some of the sites I hunt have been hunted previously by other folks using fbs/fbs2 units. So even saying this, going in behind where fbs/fbs units have been run, I like the things Nox offers to maybe outfox a coin a previous used in site fbs type couldn't outfox.

Was out this morning comparing Nox and Etrac on some coins in a site. I plan to do this on and off for a while, then when I get enough data, I will post about the trends I see as far as both units. Just this morning I witnessed some thing interesting. Folks think Etrac IDs better than Nox all the time. Well not so fast. But I need more actual live undisturbed targets before I will open my mouth here.

You can believe what I do say later on when I do talk about it will be the straight scoop as witnessed by me.

Last edited:
Lots of mixed reviews on the nox.Some guys swear by them,,other long time etrac users and a 3030 user already dumped the nox.
No machine fits everyone,so hard to say one is better than the other.One thing I do know without owning a nox,it definitely don't give as much info on a coin as a etrac,or 3030..that is what makes fbs shine,and why many fbs users won't switch

Lots of mixed reviews on the nox.Some guys swear by them,,other long time etrac users and a 3030 user already dumped the nox.
No machine fits everyone,so hard to say one is better than the other.One thing I do know without owning a nox,it definitely don't give as much info on a coin as a etrac,or 3030..that is what makes fbs shine,and why many fbs users won't switch

This may be true. But though I have never used the NOX I feel very confident saying that they literally just got it , anyone who has already dumped it never gave it enough time to learn its full potential. The same could be said about any detector in such a short amount of time.

You can believe what I do say later on when I do talk about it will be the straight scoop as witnessed by me.

I've never doubted that, TNSS. Thanks for the explanation.

It would be interesting to know Minelab's plan. If they think this machine competes with the E-Trac and CTX and what's next for them.

I've never doubted that, TNSS. Thanks for the explanation.

It would be interesting to know Minelab's plan. If they think this machine competes with the E-Trac and CTX and what's next for them.

The Nox competes with about every other detector model really. Some more than others. It depends on actual targets of interest and detecting venue.

Remember CTX competes with Etrac. But Minelab didn't discontinue Etrac.
They actually existed together. And still do.

Minelab's goal (with Equinox line) to grab more market share as far as metal detector land. It would be hard to make detector that doesn't step on another detector model's toes even in the slightest bit.

Xp in USA has never had this " issue", cause Deus is only detector they sell.
They could release another unit, one that cost more or less than Deus.
Could one do something better than the other? Sure
Could both exists inside a manufacturers family of detectors sold? Sure

At Max steps on At Pros toes.
But At Pro is still in existence as far as being sold.
Price difference noted.

Just like Nox vs Etrac and CTX.
Price differences noted.

This may be true. But though I have never used the NOX I feel very confident saying that they literally just got it , anyone who has already dumped it never gave it enough time to learn its full potential. The same could be said about any detector in such a short amount of time.

I agree 100 percent

The Nox competes with about every other detector model really. Some more than others. It depends on actual targets of interest and detecting venue.

Remember CTX competes with Etrac. But Minelab didn't discontinue Etrac.
They actually existed together. And still do.

Minelab's goal (with Equinox line) to grab more market share as far as metal detector land. It would be hard to make detector that doesn't step on another detector model's toes even in the slightest bit.

Xp in USA has never had this " issue", cause Deus is only detector they sell.
They could release another unit, one that cost more or less than Deus.
Could one do something better than the other? Sure
Could both exists inside a manufacturers family of detectors sold? Sure

At Max steps on At Pros toes.
But At Pro is still in existence as far as being sold.
Price difference noted.

And the Minelab explorer series had its toes smashed with all the different ones ..lol..good point you made tho

Some folks believe in having only one detector for whatever reason.

So yes a person might buy the Nox or even another detector model.
And try it out and see if they like it for whatever reason more than the unit they have been using for what they like to do detecting wise.

So they buy Nox and don't like, cause they think their CTX suits them better.

Ok so Nox finished second to a detector that cost how much?

Coming in second behind CTX or even Etrac , is this so bad?

Now, it would be a different story if a lot of folks were offing Nox for say At Pro or even At Max, or Compadres, or Fisher F5, etc

I actually do think some will off Deus units for Nox 800 units.
Prediction- watch poster here Jwp1964. He's a Deus man. Let's watch.

A real test

In the field, with experienced hunters, live dig, using different detectors on the same undug target to see whether or not the signal is heard/identified would have some value:D

Back
Top Bottom