• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Newbie!

trustinthelogos

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

My name is Kaleb and I am in Leland, North Carolina. I am new to metal detecting and the forum. I am not new however to things that are old. My mom dragged me to every flea market and yard sale with in 100 miles of our home just about every weekend.

Now at 35 with a family of my own (wife, 2 kids, and to many dogs) I still have not lost the bug for all things old.

Time is a issue. With two young kids, a full time job, and full time college student it does not leave a whole lot of time.

My daughter expressed interest in a metal detector and I still had Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket so I bit the bullet and bought a whites treasure master.

Myself and my daughter would love to get out with anyone who wants some company.

We used our metal detector the first day in our own backyard and We found what looks like to me to be a old musket ball. Tell me what you think.

I look forward to learning from you all.

Attachments

• IMG_3396.jpg
    IMG_3396.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3397.jpg
    IMG_3397.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3398.jpg
    IMG_3398.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 178
Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Looks like it could be a musket ball, use the search feature on the forum and search "musket ball" to compare with other photos.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

I have never seen a musket ball that dark usually lead will turn white after its been inn the ground that long. Does a magnet stick to it? clean it see if it white or try marking it see if you can find shinny lead under the crud.

Back
Top Bottom