Dream come true.....Maybe......Hopefully....

bigtim1973

Elite Member
I been working my tail off trying to get this off the ground and it looks like I have finally come down to the opening week. Anyways I am opening a metal detector shop in Hohenwald TN. Here are some pics of it. I feel kind of funny posting pics of what name brand because I do not want to get into trouble with any moderators but anyways here it is. The finds on display were found by my brother and I. Anyways I am excited, worried and anxious about it. I am also going to be doing guitar repair and accessories and maybe some lessons too. Heck who know what I will be doing before it is over!!! HH, Tim

opening013_zpsc6e9cd7b.jpg

opening011_zpsf06ef36f.jpg

opening008_zpsf81c773b.jpg

opening003_zps394ea601.jpg

opening006_zpse6dce9a6.jpg

It looks awesome. I see the security grate on the door, but what about the windows? I would invest in some bars.

I wish you luck in your new venture.

Yeah, big door but the burglar alarm all will take care of the rest and it is right in the middle of town off a very busy street. Courthouse is right across the road and the guy next to me has all kinds of cameras up. We will see I guess!!!, Tim

It's a big venture, a brave new world! A hobby related work environment seems like an ideal situation. You may not make a million, but good luck!

Good luck in your new venture! Congrats on fulfilling your dreams.

G2M

Well done!
Wish we had more of those. If I ever get your way, I will stop by.

Good luck on your endeavor!

If you have a web site you are entitled to a single thread in our Member Links section. Better yet, become a sponsor here!:D

The three big words used to be location, location, location. Now they are reputation, reputation, reputation. With the Internet and shipping these days you can draw business from anywhere, the bad part is one PO'D customer can spread the word like wildfire. I am set right now for detectors but if I need ant accessories this summer I will give you a shout.
Good luck!

Good luck to you! I couldn't imagine selling detectors, and trying to run a guitar repair business.! Good luck to you, hopefully you're a good multitasker! Must be if you are a luthier !!

The three big words used to be location, location, location. Now they are reputation, reputation, reputation. With the Internet and shipping these days you can draw business from anywhere, the bad part is one PO'D customer can spread the word like wildfire. I am set right now for detectors but if I need ant accessories this summer I will give you a shout.
Good luck!

Yea I agree location is a main draw but being the only guy in the area and with a little advertising maybe she will get off the groung eventually. Going to have it up pretty soon.

Good luck to you! I couldn't imagine selling detectors, and trying to run a guitar repair business.! Good luck to you, hopefully you're a good multitasker! Must be if you are a luthier !!

Yea I can do set ups, pick up replacement, volume knobs. I have repaired headstocks and refinished a couple. I like guitars and play guitar also. My sweetheart is going to have a little womens botique in there also. Maybe with the combination of the three it will draw enough attention to get off the ground!! Tim

Thats fantastic....that will be my next project someday!! Good luck my friend and if i get your way will stop in for sure!!

Back
Top Bottom