• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Some lessons are harder to learn than others for a few people...evidently

Back in my policing days we fondly referred to these types as job security, frequent fliers, and had other loving terms that I won't write here... In my former town of about 10K people it was about 100 of them, give or take, who kept us plenty busy. We rarely had contact with the other 9,900 or so folks in town.

They say the 60s and early 70s was the drug revolution. But I don't really remember hearing of to many people strung out and addicted like they are today. Is it stronger drugs, or weaker minds ?

Worse drugs. There's high powered meth now that has all kinds of toxic crud in it, and heroin cut with fentanyl. If they're not out there going meth crazy and acting like absolute maniacs, they're od'ing on the heroin and dying. It's awful.

They say the 60s and early 70s was the drug revolution. But I don't really remember hearing of to many people strung out and addicted like they are today. Is it stronger drugs, or weaker minds ?

If you remember the 60's you weren't really there.

Seriously, I agree the drugs are a lot worse now.

In my day some kids did quaaludes, some did speed, coke wasn't really a big thing yet and crack came way later.
Most used pot which was hardly the strength you can find it now.
If you were really living on the edge you got a hold of some Thai stick or some hash, maybe opium or a few mushrooms if you could find them.

All pretty tame compared to what is out there now.

Several people just died in Ga. and many more overdosed on some yellow pill the authorities aren't even sure what it is yet.
Not long ago a cop got some powder on his uniform so he just brushed it off with his hand.
A while later I believe they had to take him to the hospital because that powder was fentanyl and was absorbed right into his skin.

The opioid problem is an epidemic, you can thank one well respected doctor for that.
Years ago he did an unscientific small sample study in his hospital when they came out and watched several patients under his care he gave them to and declared them in a controlled hospital setting not one of his patients showed any signs of addition.
The drug companies took this little piece of information and passed it on to every doctor they could telling them these were miraculous drugs that would kill pain without side effects...and they believed them.
Turns out you can get addicted to these things in a hospital and outside of those hospitals if you abuse them it is a forgone conclusion.

Not to mention everything else out there you can get your hands on nowadays.

Living in this new millennium ain't for sissys especially if you tend to have an addictive personality.

Then there is the guy at the center of this thread....no matter what drugs are available they won't cure stupidity.

Back
Top Bottom