The Moonwalk: London 2017

Doug

Elite Member
My wife, daughter and our son-in-law entered and completed the London Moonwalk for a charity to raise awareness of breast cancer in both men and women last weekend.

My wife and my daughter have entered 7 times and our son-in-law this is his second time.

26.2 miles through the night with all three crossing the finish line in 8 hours, although my wife admitted this is her last one, mind you I have heard that before.

"Wearing bras is our unique trademark, the girls and, yes, the guys too, all Walk the Walk in decorated bras and whilst it is not the normal sight for a Saturday night in London, it is a vision to behold and one that succeeds in not only raising awareness but millions of pounds for us to grant to our benefiting causes. So be brave, get creative… and let’s glide down the pink carpet to the Finish Line!"

Link http://walkthewalk.org/challenges/the-moonwalk-london-2017/

Photo: Right the finish

Last edited:
Great job. I've got a friend that does a lot of charity stuff with his wife who had ovarian cancer. She puts these gigs together and one of the things is were the men have a race wearing high heels. He usually wins the race, I usually kid with him, asking him if he's going home tonight to practice his high heel racing. I think he's getting a little to comfortable in them high heels. :laughing:

Very Cool! What a wonderful way to spend a night! To walk all night with your loved ones is a Memory Making kind of thing! Thanks for the write up and pics!

Very Cool! What a wonderful way to spend a night! To walk all night with your loved ones is a Memory Making kind of thing! Thanks for the write up and pics!

Thank you Mr Mud.

The walk is done in memory of my sister who succumb to breast cancer at a young age.

I also had a breast cancer scare myself a few years ago, thankfully all the various tests came back negative, but it as one heck of a stressful time waiting for the results.

Great job. I've got a friend that does a lot of charity stuff with his wife who had ovarian cancer. She puts these gigs together and one of the things is were the men have a race wearing high heels. He usually wins the race, I usually kid with him, asking him if he's going home tonight to practice his high heel racing. I think he's getting a little to comfortable in them high heels. :laughing:

Thank you for your kind words.

I've only just seen this post Doug. They did a great job for a worthy cause.
I hope you are well ?

Back
Top Bottom