what to if a classified ad takes your money and has allready sold the item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster48

Is there any recourse if a member has a classified ad gives you a price with shipping, you pay and he says he already sold the item and will return payment and he does not follow through. waiting about 3 weeks now.

Is there any recourse if a member has a classified ad gives you a price with shipping, you pay and he says he already sold the item and will return payment and he does not follow through. waiting about 3 weeks now.

Did you use Paypal? If so did you send it for "Goods and services" or did you send "Friends and family"?

Oh hell no,,it’s not right..Id say the longer you wait the less chance you got of getting your loot back..Tell that dude straight up you want your money back now,no excuses period or your putting him out there .

Leave a negative review in our iTrader system.

The Forum Team cannot get involved Classified transactions.

I lost an atx in the classifieds a while back (Glenn Ellenbart). 3 weeks .. just about time to kiss that money bye bye. If possible publish his details so others on here dont get suckered in.. and never send anything friends and family... you hand all the power to the seller

Rooster; how did you send the money? If you're lucky enough that it was a postal money order, then you can file a complaint with the post office. The receiver will get to answer to felony charges of wire fraud. The post office enjoys federal protection, due to it's being so ingrained into our infrastructure.

If it was a different form of payment, the best I can suggest is to contact law enforcement in the seller's home town, and file a complaint over the phone. You may not get your money back, but if the next guy also does it, then he may get a visit by the gendarmes.

Roger

Rooster, I'm sorry to hear about your money not being returned. That stinks. I hope that the seller will have a conscience and return your payment to you.
I also hope that you post the details on the feedback forum so that no one else gets taken advantage of.

I think you're asking if the forum can get your money back. If that is the case, the answer is NO.

The only recourse you have on the forum is posting details of the transaction on the feedback portion of the website.
You are responsible for due diligence and protecting yourself on the transaction by checking out the seller to see if he seems reliable, and to pay in a manner that protects you from fraud.

For educational purposes, I looked at past posting details of the "ruby ring seller" and found that his only posts in 2018 were those attached to this jewelry for sale post that included the ring.
He had only two post in 2017. That should be a warning flag that it might be a risky transaction.

If you paid using paypal merchandise you can file a non receipt of merchandise and get your payment returned to you.
If you used a postal money order, you can file a claim for postal fraud with the post office.
If you paid with paypal "gift" and expected one back... you have no recourse other than that person's honesty.

I do not come here regularly and just happened to come back tonight to see all the posts. I am truly sorry rooster. I sent you back extra tonight. You can see i haven't been on the forum since that happened and i thought i paid you then but i guess i was just busy and forgot. Please forgive me and this should be done now. I will no longer do transactions here. Hopefully my past transactions can show you what kind of trader i am when im active but i have a lot going on right now and just up and forgot. Payment sent, please confirm.

Sad story. When in doubt, check person out. How many posts, what kinds of posts. What other selling or buying transactions. Do they come to a forum for real short stints and vaporize and return again without giving a reason. Ask other members opinions you trust more via pm here about sellers and buyers.

Hope it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom