Fellow detectorist stolen detectors from auto Portland Oregon vicinity.

It would be nice if there were serial numbers they could publish so detectorists could report it if they came across any of them trying to be sold.

Unable to view from link?

"Sorry, only registered users may read this forum."

You have to be registered and signed in to view the classifieds there.

Monte said:
I had my Tahoe loaded Saturday late afternoon [size=small](the 7th)[/size] for a 3-day detecting jaunt to meet family and friends.

That was interrupted with an Urgent Message my sister received that our mother had had a heart attack and was rushed to a hospital in Portland and was unresponsive so we hurriedly grabbed our changes of clothes and took off on the 400 Mile Drive. We made it here in time and all the family is taking turns staying in the room with her, and after just arriving they decided it was my turn to spend Sunday night to Monday morning.

On Monday the 9th, I was contacted by the hospital security and told a window had been broken out in my Tahoe. I was facing the hospital in a Handicap Apace, 20 ft. from a security camera in a patrolled parking area. There's a good reason I Can't Stand Portland.

Anyway they did a pretty good job of Nokta FORS Relic units and FORS CoRe, as well as Impact are easily identified.

If you live anywhere in the Portland, Oregon / Vancouver, Washington Metro Area or monitor any Craigslist, eBay, or whatever retail buy sell trade outlets there are, please watch for these detectors and notify me immediately if you would. If you happen to see one offered at a pawn shop, please inform the pawn shop that the item is probably stolen and give them my name and contact info:

Monte V. Berry
503-481-8147
[email protected]
.. or ..
[email protected]

I will double check when I get home to Vale and add any additional items. Here is the list of everything that was stolen from my vehicle as I know it right now:

1.. Nokta Impact
It had the new 7-inch concentric accessory search coil mounted to it.
I use environmental covers.

1.. Nokta FORS Relic device.
It is easily identifiable because I had the middle and upper rods powder coated to make my Relic a custom-looking unit. The upper and middle rods are a bright Edge Blue color
The Relic had environmental covers
One unit had a white-colored accessory 5" Double D coil on and it had three stickered numbers I applied that that I believe were '20', '30' and '67' or very close to those numbers.

1.. Nokta FORS Relic device.
It is also easily identifiable because I had the middle and upper rods powder coated to make my Relic a custom-looking unit. The upper and middle rods are a bright Edge Blue color
The Relic had environmental covers
This other Relic unit was detached and in a Gray Nokta back-pack detector bag had could have either a black-colored 5" Double D coil on or the standard black-colored 7x 11 Double D coil .

1.. Nokta FORS CoRe model.
It is also equally identifiable as I had the middle rod and upper rods powder-coated a very bold colored Edge Red.
This unit also had environmental covers.
And the search coil mounted on it was an accessory white-colored 4.7x5.2 "OOR" DD.

1.. Very pristine, 'as-new' condition Tesoro Bandido II µMAX
This model is identifiable because it is mounted on the new currant powder-coated gold rod set I bought, like what they use now, not on the old shiny gold original rod.
This unit had the thin, white 6" concentric accessory coil mounted.

1.. Gray Nokta backpack detector bag that contained the following contents:

..... 2 of the 7x11 DD coils for the Relic
..... 2 of the 5" black DD coils for the Relic
..... 1.. Upper rod w/display grip also in the custom Edge Blue powder-coat
..... 1.. Middle rod in the same custom powder coated Edge Blue color
..... 2.. New lower rods
..... 1.. Varta AA Battery Charger w/4 Varta batteries

,,,,, Also in that bag was a Brand New set of Killer B 'Hornet' headphones in a green color.

1.. Black Nokta Impact backpack detector bag with the following accessories:

..... 2.. 7x11 DD Impact coils
..... 2.. 4x7.5 DD Impact coils
..... 1.. 5" DD Impact coil
..... 1 Varta AA Battery Charger w/4 Varta AA batteries
..... 1.. New-in-the-case Nokta Pointer

The thief / thieves also grabbed:

1.. New Nokta RS Pinpointer
and
1.. New-in-the-box Nokta 2.4 gig. Wireless Headphones with the power charging cable, and there was also a dongle insert for the Makro Racer 2.

That is quite a bit to watch for, and is quite a shock to me and my enjoyment of these great detectors and loss from my Regular-Use Detector Team I have been establishing.

More to follow if I find out anything else was stolen that related to metal detectors or detecting gear.

Monte

My guess also would be the thief would try to unload them at a pawn shop as it is unlikely (though no impossible) they are into detecting themselves and might be wary of trying to sell to a local club for fear of running into the person they stole it from.

If Monte has receipts that list serial numbers I would suggest he shares that with the descriptions with all the local pawn shops in that area asap before the thief has a chance to unload them.

Driving a cargo van? That's a lot.of stuff to fit in a trunk. Sorry to hear about the theft
I've had a half dozen or so thefts over the last few years.
Early summer nobody was home for 1 night so 1 of the neighbours decided to kick in my door. $20k or so in losses... No insurance in the country im in and have a better chance calling dick Tracy than the police

Back
Top Bottom