• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

5 silvers, Sterling, and my first token

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Went to a high school football field tear out yesterday.

Five silver dimes, a sterling St. Christerpher pendant, and my first ever token - (was unable to find anything about the token so far)!

Oh, and 15 wheat cents. :D

Just happened to see in the newspaper about the turf tear out! I couldn’t figure out how to get IN to the field as they had the gates locked. I hopped the fence :lol: later I noticed an older lady walking the track! Made note of where she exited and found there was a walkway in/out through the school :laughing:

Anyway, only spent a few hours maybe 3 1/2? As it was a busy day for me as usual...$2.92 in clad. Nox 800, Park 1 (park 2 was chatty) 50 tones, noise cancelled.

Honestly had hoped to find a lot more but seriously not complaining. Was really fun!

Happy hunting!

Attachments

• 961F9CE5-17A1-409A-882F-851FA889A41E.jpg
    961F9CE5-17A1-409A-882F-851FA889A41E.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 489
  • 4B81413F-F672-482E-B017-297C35A0B757.jpg
    4B81413F-F672-482E-B017-297C35A0B757.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 449
  • FA2DA295-7E42-4BA4-816D-EFE31990485B.jpg
    FA2DA295-7E42-4BA4-816D-EFE31990485B.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 422
  • 27F80C2D-E78B-46B4-A3E6-A0DBC1C7F752.jpg
    27F80C2D-E78B-46B4-A3E6-A0DBC1C7F752.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 441
Last edited:
Really nice hunt Groundsweeper! Great work not letting that fence get in the way (and for finding an easier exit)
A 5 silver coin hunt is something special.

I love those tokens. Were you able to find any information on N. L. Wold?

Really nice hunt Groundsweeper! Great work not letting that fence get in the way (and for finding an easier exit)
A 5 silver coin hunt is something special.

I love those tokens. Were you able to find any information on N. L. Wold?

Thanks man! 5/day is a first for me! Zero luck finding anything at all on the token. Started a help me ID thread and hoping someone knows something!

Some mighty fine hunting Jeff. Congrats on the 5 Silver's, the Sterling and all those Wheat's. Day's like this just don't happen that often. Trapper

Way to go GS!!!

That's some funny stuff.. I often find a better/easier way into properties only after following a powerline across a creek a up a steep briar infested embankment.

Stay on em bruddah!

<°)))>{

Nice job swooping in on the tearout man! 5 silvers and the token is awesome.

Great finds GS! Excellent hunt! Looks like you and the Nox are doing great

That’s awesome, way to take advantage of the year out and find some silver. That token is awesome! Congrats! Did you detect the whole thing?

Atta boy! Nice finds. Loved the part about you hopping the fence and then later seeing that the little old lady had walked in!!!:lol:

Some mighty fine hunting Jeff. Congrats on the 5 Silver's, the Sterling and all those Wheat's. Day's like this just don't happen that often. Trapper

Thank you Trapper! A first for me!

Way to go GS!!!

That's some funny stuff.. I often find a better/easier way into properties only after following a powerline across a creek a up a steep briar infested embankment.

Stay on em bruddah!

<°)))>{

:lol: too funny Ice and thanks :)

Nice Finds. Congrats.... :thumbsup:

Thank you!

Awesome hunting man, been awhile since I've seen 5 silvers in a hunt... Congrats!

Thank you Jeff!

Nice job swooping in on the tearout man! 5 silvers and the token is awesome.

Thanks Jeff! :)

Great finds GS! Excellent hunt! Looks like you and the Nox are doing great

Thx Tom. I do like the Nox for sure. I think my Compadres would have found all this and more (more tabs, aluminum, trash) but I will say - a lot of the wheats were ID’ing in the straight up 20 id, which is usually dead on zinc cent. I probably passed over many a wheat cent at first. Weird.

Very nice finds. Congrats. I like the token.

HD

Thanks HD, the token is my favorite item of the hunt for sure, still researching the history of it.

Very cool finds! Great token, as well.

Thank you V!

Awesome hunt and great finds!

Thank you!

Great hunt!, 5 silver and 15 wheats with a token to boot, Amazing day, congrats GS!

Thanks Busca!

That’s awesome, way to take advantage of the year out and find some silver. That token is awesome! Congrats! Did you detect the whole thing?

Thank you Jam :). There is no way I covered it all and maybe I’ll go back some day but I’m resigned to being done with the place. I never have the time I would like to dedicate to detecting, always other responsibilities calling. I was a High Tones Drifter :lol:

Atta boy! Nice finds. Loved the part about you hopping the fence and then later seeing that the little old lady had walked in!!!:lol:

Thank you!

Five silvas Jeff, thats great! I'd go back and clean it out!!!!

Thanks Metal! I won’t be able to get back there for a few days if that and worry they’ll fill it in or something. I’ll see, but time is lacking!

Congrats on a superb hunt and your first token. Multiple silver and sterling, add a few wheats make for a fine day. HH mark

Back
Top Bottom