Gas prices in your area?

This is depressing... and I'm not being goofy... seriously... I don't know how you folks react, but I can be in a perfectly good happy mood and then I see the gas prices jump up 30 cents a gallon. It angers me and it makes me worry. I am no more special than anyone else and everyone has the same problems that I have, I'm sure... I hate it and I hate the way it makes me feel about the enjoyability of life and honestly makes me sad for this country. We can do better than this... Our leaders should be doing something about it... I honestly believe that those in charge don't have a clue about how this affects the average person. I don't care if you are Republican or Democrat... This President's policies are really hurting our country! I honestly believe that he doesn't care about the common American. He would have no idea what it would be like to live on a combined family income of $40k. My wife is a teacher, I'm a student who goes to school full time and works 35 hours a week so that I can better my life. I don't live in a mansion by any means, and I had to ask my mom for a $350 loan to get a stinkin new water heater... It's sad! I'm sure I'm not the only one who lives paycheck to paycheck... I just wish it was better... I don't care who does it... I just want it to be better! I want a better life for my kids... I want to be able to just feel good about the direction this country is going in! Everytime it seems like things might be getting better... Bam! I drive past another friggin gas station! Where's the tylenol!

I have a landscaping business I put $60 in my tank of one of my trucks Monday it gave me half a tankful.. I have 2 trucks and my equipment eats up the gas as well.. I'm not eating it, I'm passing it along to my customers.. I heard today gas may hit $5.00 a gallon by summer :(

This is depressing... and I'm not being goofy... seriously... I don't know how you folks react, but I can be in a perfectly good happy mood and then I see the gas prices jump up 30 cents a gallon. It angers me and it makes me worry. I am no more special than anyone else and everyone has the same problems that I have, I'm sure... I hate it and I hate the way it makes me feel about the enjoyability of life and honestly makes me sad for this country. We can do better than this... Our leaders should be doing something about it... I honestly believe that those in charge don't have a clue about how this affects the average person. I don't care if you are Republican or Democrat... This President's policies are really hurting our country! I honestly believe that he doesn't care about the common American. He would have no idea what it would be like to live on a combined family income of $40k. My wife is a teacher, I'm a student who goes to school full time and works 35 hours a week so that I can better my life. I don't live in a mansion by any means, and I had to ask my mom for a $350 loan to get a stinkin new water heater... It's sad! I'm sure I'm not the only one who lives paycheck to paycheck... I just wish it was better... I don't care who does it... I just want it to be better! I want a better life for my kids... I want to be able to just feel good about the direction this country is going in! Everytime it seems like things might be getting better... Bam! I drive past another friggin gas station! Where's the tylenol!

Beef.. we have the congress that isn't doing anything either so pass around the blame before you put it all on one person.

I think the recent prices are more the result of supply and demand; China is really emerging as a giant industrial center, and that has caused them to use so much more oil. It's also sold on the commodities market, which adds to the price. When the price of oil is $144 a barrel, when just a couple years ago $40 was the record, that says a lot--we need, and have needed for a long time, new technologies to take us away from internal combustion engines.

My $.02:

1. Petroleum will be the major source of energy for many years to come. Get used to it, it's not gonna change. We have the technology to extract oil from sand & shale, and have enough to supply us for at least 200 years. It is now cost effective to do it. It doesn't do much good if THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH REFINERIES to process what we get now. None have been built for over 30 years. Are you environmentalists listening ???? The refineries have over 150 different blends of gas depending on state / area of use. How about narrowing it down to 6????

2. I just bit the bullet on the home heating oil. You think it was bad this year, wait till next. I'm gonna buy it in August.

3. Ethanol is a JOKE. It ruins most engine components, has a lower octane than gas (pure is 85), thus increasing volume used. Look at the effect on grain prices , which in turn effect other prices. Who in their right mind BURNS THEIR FOOD ????

4. Part of the reason for high cost of crude is the devaluing dollar. The Mid East economy is based on the U.S. dollar. The biggest influence on that is the head of Federal Reserve, not the President. As the dollar declines, countries invested into it are lining up to jump ship. We are in line for the "perfect economic storm".

5. Oh yeah, A proposed energy tax on the US citizen by th U.N., and the "sea treaty" which relinquishes our rights to drill in our own waters to the "Great U.N. and gives them further control on energy sources ???????? WTF are people thinking. Common sense has been abandoned.

I second what Ed is saying about China, when a billion people start requiring fuel something is going to happen too the price of crude. Not to mention pumping as much as we do out of the earth, several years ago before China starting requiring so much they said there was only about 30 more years of oil left in the ground (???), so what about now, who knows? Although I do agree, the folks in Washington, not just the administration could and should do more to find alternate forms of energy, not just toy around with it, because you know if they really wanted too the technology is there to have us all running 100 MPG within the next year. That's enough of my soap box. Oh yea, I forgot to mention the price here in north Alabama yesterday was $3.59 yesterday and the day before that it was 3.49. What about today?

3. Ethanol is a JOKE. It ruins most engine components, has a lower octane than gas (pure is 85), thus increasing volume used. Look at the effect on grain prices , which in turn effect other prices. Who in their right mind BURNS THEIR FOOD ????

It sure is Bill... it takes a gallon of fuel oil to make a gallon of ethanol..

We are sitting on our own oil in Alaska and because a few moose lovers got upset we can't tap our own :roll:

Then you got the nimbys in Florida who don't want us drilling in the gulf..

Oh well we all be poor pretty soon and then the left will be very happy indeed :lol:

I suppose now isn't the time to mention I work for the oil industry. :shock: :lol:

I sold my lawnmower and bought an electric weedeater. I have a small yard and can weedeat it all in about 30 minutes. Now I read where AEP is pushing for a jump in electricity. I think I will just walk up in the woods and shoot a mockingbird.......................

I drive through town and I see an awful large amount of high grass yards... Mine included. I hear there is going to be a boom in the billygoat economy this year..lol

You are absolutely right... Like I said... I dont' care who does it... However, Bush has been setting policy 6 years before they came into power.

Beef.. he will be gone soon and then we will have another lackey to replace him :D

ya and we are paying for his daughters upcoming wedding. Thankfully she is trying to keep it low key. AND I HOPE TO GOD SOME OF IT DONT GET PUT ON YOUTUBE....................................

My $.02:

1. Petroleum will be the major source of energy for many years to come. Get used to it, it's not gonna change. We have the technology to extract oil from sand & shale, and have enough to supply us for at least 200 years. It is now cost effective to do it. It doesn't do much good if THERE ARE NOT ENOUGH REFINERIES to process what we get now. None have been built for over 30 years. Are you environmentalists listening ???? The refineries have over 150 different blends of gas depending on state / area of use. How about narrowing it down to 6????

Nobody wants a refinery in their back yard, and why should they when you have examples like the Amoco refinery in Sugar Creek, Mo., which is around twenty-five miles from me. Everything seemed to be going fine, until twenty years ago or so, when all of a sudden, oil started seeping out of the ground all over town. It turns out the refinery had leaked such a large amount of petroleum products into the ground that it had nowhere to go but out of the ground and onto the surface. Now, Amoco has installed reclamation wells to slowly catch as much as is possible. The cancer rates for this small town are way beyond average too. If the oil companies would have been responsible from the beginning, they wouldn't be finding themselves in this situation now.

2. I just bit the bullet on the home heating oil. You think it was bad this year, wait till next. I'm gonna buy it in August.

4. Part of the reason for high cost of crude is the devaluing dollar. The Mid East economy is based on the U.S. dollar. The biggest influence on that is the head of Federal Reserve, not the President. As the dollar declines, countries invested into it are lining up to jump ship. We are in line for the "perfect economic storm".

5. Oh yeah, A proposed energy tax on the US citizen by th U.N., and the "sea treaty" which relinquishes our rights to drill in our own waters to the "Great U.N. and gives them further control on energy sources ???????? WTF are people thinking. Common sense has been abandoned.

The UN simply has no taxing authority on anyone.

3.79 here today. The real villains are hedge fund managers(speculators)who are using billions of dollars to drive the U.S. dollar down and the price of oil up and are getting rich beyond our wildest dreams while the American public suffers. Hedging currencies and products(oil,food,etc.) that are vital to the economic stability of the U.S. should be prohibited.

The tax & control would be from the UN to the U.S. Gov't who will then pass to us. There is also an energy consumption tax in the works as well.

I agree that the refineries should not be in anyone's back yard. There are tons of alternate sites.

Screw the caribou !!!! Drill Alaska RESPONSIBLY.

Oh yeah, I hear Mexico has recently claimed most of the Gulph as her own (beyond territorial waters) due to extremely large crude deposits discovered. Maybe we should send them a bill for their cost of supporting their illegals, etc, or start a war and make them the 51st state ??:spin:

Back
Top Bottom