• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Prescription bottle

yacorie

Elite Member
Went for a hike today to check out a few spots and look for digging spots. Didn’t find anything real exciting but did find 2 spots with 1950s era stuff. This had the typical large brown jug handle Clorox bottles etc.

The coolest thing I found and the only thing I took home was this prescription bottle. The label is inside the bottle from what I can tell and not actually inside the glass. The pills have crumbled but are still in there but there is no indication what they are.

The pharmacy is from my town but hasn’t been around for years. The patient appears to have died just a few months after this. His kids would be in their 80s now but I’m still going to try and see if any relatives are still around who might be interested

Attachments

• 57125744399__6C37A979-D5DA-4579-A0D4-4593830C4889.JPG
    57125744399__6C37A979-D5DA-4579-A0D4-4593830C4889.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 390
That's not something you'd expect to find. Very interesting

Penny

Very cool. I'm thinking someone put something else in there. If the pills disintegrated I would think it would be more compacted due to filling the air gaps between the pills. Just a thought.

Let me get this straight, guy died after getting these prescribed, then the pharmacy went out of business..... I wouldn't try over half the bottle to see what it was. Lol

There is a date of 11-27-57. The guy died in 1958.

Yesterday I got lucky and was able to make contact with his grand daughter and I know who his daughter is. She actually lets me hunt her property but I had no idea that was her (maiden names).

I traded messages with the grand daughter on Facebook and she said she would love to have it if I was willing to part with it.

Not quite a ring return and I would have gladly displayed it, but I’m glad it will go back to someone who it has more meaning with

There is a date of 11-27-57. The guy died in 1958.

Yesterday I got lucky and was able to make contact with his grand daughter and I know who his daughter is. She actually lets me hunt her property but I had no idea that was her (maiden names).

I traded messages with the grand daughter on Facebook and she said she would love to have it if I was willing to part with it.

Not quite a ring return and I would have gladly displayed it, but I’m glad it will go back to someone who it has more meaning with

That's pretty cool! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom