WW2 medal

jay1991

Found this the other day close to central Texas
IMG_1104.jpgIMG_1105.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Definitely wasn’t expecting it.

That's a great find. I'm not sure how I would feel finding a piece of nazi history. It's definitely interesting but I think I'd be creeped out by it too - like finding a piece of true evil and holding it in your hand.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Thanks!!!!! Definitely the coolest/strangest find I’ve had.Especially where I found it. I also found this there not to far away from the medal not sure how old IMG_1110.jpgIMG_1111.jpg

It is an older site dated back to at least 1880’s

Were there any WWII POW camps in Texas? I do believe there were.

My father in law's father was a WWII POW guard in Wichita Falls Texas. He got all kinds of medals, spoons, forks, and knives from them in exchange for cigarettes and other items. My father in law was born in the POW camp.

Not sure how close to there you are.

Closer to central Texas,so alittle ways from there. I’ll have to research an see if there was any POW camps around

Were there any WWII POW camps in Texas? I do believe there were.

While I was working in Germany in 1990 I met a fellow who was once a POW in Texas. Said he was on work release there and worked for a family owned general store business. Said he loved it there and the people treated him well. I don't know how many of their belongings they had with them at this point and I don't remember what part of Texas it was in. I think they were far away from large cities and such. The long stretches of desert was their deterrent from escaping. It's hard to get from Texas to Germany.

Aww come on I travel for work an it doesn’t take that long lol... I drive everywhere

Back
Top Bottom