CRHing!!

My local teller's head almost spun off her shoulders when I asked if they had 20.00 in Half $:saywhat:
I can't remember what was said, but she said they did not have many. I told her they were for my nephew's birthday and was no big deal. I think she offered 10$ worth in dollar coins, which i think she handed me sacawhatever dollars...:mad::roll:

I would love to make friends with one of my tellers and just have them be on the look out for silver coins that come in or "silver rolls" like golden had!!! I may have to send out some box of chocolates to sweeten these ladies up at the banks!

I would love to make friends with one of my tellers and just have them be on the look out for silver coins that come in or "silver rolls" like golden had!!! I may have to send out some box of chocolates to sweeten these ladies up at the banks!

Actually, I provide periodic chocolates for my tellers and staff at my bank. One day this week, I took over 1500.00 in Halves to them rerolled. When they get 500.00, they break them all open and put them in a clear bank bag to be shipped. All the staff at the bank ask me what I have found every time I go in...its really cool. I feel fortunate that they accept my rerolled coin without verification of each roll...I would say that is "trusting" relationship...Anyway...my 2 cents on the subject...:)

William

Well after a few busted boxes with nothing in it I finally got a few keepers! I have found two 68' canadian dimes... one was silver and one was not... the way to tell... put a magnet to them and if it sticks... not silver... if it doesn't... well you have silver my friend!!! I also got a 53' rosie the other day! :grin:

Still no keepers from the quarter department :mad:

It was a great day in the dime CRH department today... I found 3-64' and 1-59' The 59' and one of the 64' were in the same roll about 4 dimes apart!!! Finding 4 Rosies in a $250 box isn't too bad in my opinion...

Over the last 2 days I have found 5 Rosies in the CRH department. When I went to turn in my box of dimes at the bank I noticed that the teller had several silver edged coins in her tray and I asked if I could purchase those specific coins (for face value of course... 2 quarters and a dime) but she said NO because she knew they were silver and she wanted to keep them!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I'm sure I could have asked for the manager or whomever and she would have had to give them up but I will be back to check and see if they are still in her tray and hopefully she will be out to lunch! :lol::lol::lol:

Over the last 2 days I have found 5 Rosies in the CRH department. When I went to turn in my box of dimes at the bank I noticed that the teller had several silver edged coins in her tray and I asked if I could purchase those specific coins (for face value of course... 2 quarters and a dime) but she said NO because she knew they were silver and she wanted to keep them!!! :mad::mad::mad:

I'm sure I could have asked for the manager or whomever and she would have had to give them up but I will be back to check and see if they are still in her tray and hopefully she will be out to lunch! :lol::lol::lol:

Can't win 'em all.
Luckily, most people don't know much about silver.

Just like MDing, there are a few things that improve your odds.

My wife's uncle used to work at the mint. They kick out silver half dollars by checking the weight. They don't check quarters or dimes for some reason. The key to getting good rolls is to take the rolls other people turn in. The individual rolls have constantly produced better for me. HH John

I just picked up $250 worth of rolls from the community rolls - as in the rolls people just bring in - and found 6 silvers along with a six pence piece!!!

1958 six pence aka 1/2 shilling, 48, 59, 61, 63, 64, 64 rosies!!!

By far my best CRH experience yet! :p

Can't win 'em all.
Luckily, most people don't know much about silver.

Well I was able to finally make friends with the lady and she still had those quarters and dimes sitting in her till and I asked if I could have them and she gave them too me! We are good friends now and we chat every time I stop in... :thumbsup:

Also, I just recently got a box of dimes, box of nickels, and a box of pennies because I wanted some variety to look through. I found 2 rosies in the dimes, 1 war nickel, and 11 wheaties with 1 of them being a Steelie!!! I was pumped to see that in there!!! :sweet:

Yeah it's funny with the tellers.... I mentioned their candy dishes looked good, but i had just been to the dentist....:p she said yeah, " I stand by the candy drawer" and opened a huge drawer filled!!:lol:
Since I had eased the tension, I went for it and asked for the halfs!:lol: At least they Were Great w/ customer service! The girls were laughing and having fun getting the coins!;)

Back
Top Bottom