Coin Roll Hunting Mother load

your very lucky, i'm friends with our bank manager and she informed me on how her and her staff have been cherry pickin all the silvers for a couple years now. they also cherry pick star notes and it wouldn't surprise me if the pick out all the copper pennies :lol:

aweseom find on the bag, incredible.:shock::shock:

your very lucky, i'm friends with our bank manager and she informed me on how her and her staff have been cherry pickin all the silvers for a couple years now. they also cherry pick star notes and it wouldn't surprise me if the pick out all the copper pennies :lol:

if you're gonna have you're hands on them may as well be picking right?

there were several old walkers in the bag. (5)1917's and a few other teens. I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few barbers that they picked out when they went through it. the teller said there were some silver and a lot of Franklin's which makes me wonder if he thought the Franklin's weren't silver..... I didn't ask, but I'm amazed at how many people have no clue.

Heck of a Deal! :wow: Congratulations! :clapping: You were beyond Lucky!!

I always thought I was a nice guy, till I asked about any silver at my bank a couple of Months ago. I wasn't to welcome anymore.

I was told flat out!! By one Teller :mad:, they pick these coins themselves when they come in.

Tellers don't get paid much as it is. When they see silver come in it disappears quickly.

Now! Get Out Claim Jumper!! Hehe

Question..

So you purchased 2000 coins at $1000 face value, and 185 of them were good, so will they buy back the 1815 ($907.50) back from you? My bank up here requires them to be rolled coins, but you mentioned they were in bags? Whenever I have bough them to search they were in rolls.

Again, quite a nice haul of silver..

I had originally put this in mind blowing finds, but It was moved to the Whats the Value section? Can someone move it back or explain why it was moved? We all know the value.. :)

Probably because it's not metal detecting or metal detecting find related :)

congrats :)

Just curious if others have had the same problem as me with crh. Seems everytime I take the loose coins back to the bank I am shorted everytime...... It is usually off by a couple dollars but sometimes even more than that. I love going thru the coins but problem is if a guy gets shorted everytime it just doesn't pay for the little you usually find. I haven't tried halves or dollars only pennies and dimes if that should make a difference. Anybody else experience this??

Just curious if others have had the same problem as me with crh. Seems everytime I take the loose coins back to the bank I am shorted everytime...... It is usually off by a couple dollars but sometimes even more than that. I love going thru the coins but problem is if a guy gets shorted everytime it just doesn't pay for the little you usually find. I haven't tried halves or dollars only pennies and dimes if that should make a difference. Anybody else experience this??

I've never tried taking loose coins to a bank, I think thats what those CoinStar machines are for, and they take a percentage. I've taken rolled (and re-rolled after sorting) coins back and got full face value, although finding empty halves wrappers is not easy. BTW, last time I bought rolled halves was about 10 years ago, and I did check a pile of Kenedy halves that I sorted before, there was $25 face value there, so I guess I better find some paper rolls.

So you purchased 2000 coins at $1000 face value, and 185 of them were good, so will they buy back the 1815 ($907.50) back from you? My bank up here requires them to be rolled coins, but you mentioned they were in bags? Whenever I have bough them to search they were in rolls.

Again, quite a nice haul of silver..

Yes, I'll just take the others back to a different bank or 2 and cash them in. Most banks in my area have a coin counter that they just dump my jar of coins into and I get the cash back. I have several dump banks, and I'll distribute them out over probably 3 banks so they don't hate me. Banks around here do not accept customer wrapped rolls. In fact, If I took the time to roll them, they would open every roll and dump them into the coin counter.

Well that does it... I had stopped coin roll hunting for the past 2 months but now you just made me start again... off to the banks!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom