Garrett Sea Hunter Mark II

Gabe

Anyone know anything about this machine? Any personal use? Pros? Cons?

Supposedly a discriminating PI if there ever was such a thing. The only bad i've read on it so far is the lack of volume control, no pinpointing method and I havn't really heard anyone say much about how deep it will actually go, some dude kept saying he was picking stuff at 6", well that doesn't sound very deep if you ask me compared to other machines in the same class.

Thanx.

Nothing against Garrett.. But the seahunter would not be my first choice for a water machine... its very noisy in the surf...

Cfmct-PI said:
Nothing against Garrett.. But the seahunter would not be my first choice for a water machine... its very noisy in the surf...

Cons: +1 point

;)

6 inches is about right, depending on what it is you detected. A beer can will detect about a foot.

It also depends on what kind of beach you're detecting. if you are in a cove, with no waves, then it would work good. It worked particularly well for me in wet sand more then in the water.

The seahunter is made for scuba divers, and the volume level is high for a reason, so you can hear it underwater.

See some of the things I found with the Seahunter

http://gometaldetecting.com/oldleadtoys.htm

This detector is mostly used for diving now. The originals were some of the first to be used extensively back in the 70's and 80's. Other manufacturers caught on , bettered the design(s) and you now have detectors that are much better beach/water detectors. PI technology also was thrown into the mix and you can see what Craig is finding sao there's some proof right there about their abilities. Garrett seriuosly needs to upgrade the water detector they have. Most of the hobby line was neglegted the last few years in lue of security devices. I think they will be making a big comback this year .They started with the 1350 and Ace's so keep an eye open.

Garrett Infinium: has ground tracking, tone ID, some disc. (pulse delay adj.), freq. adj., a bunch of interchangeable coils. It's one helluva gold detector and, while it might not equal the Minelab SD PI's, it will give 'em a run for the money. Unlike a lot of other PI's, it is equally at home on land. ...Willy.

Dont like

I have the Sea Hunter and am not happy with it at all. I did have it up for sale but took it off only due to the fact i did not want to pass this unit on to anyone and be unhappy like me. I think the whites Beach hunter is a better unit. I for one will be ordering The EX by the end of feb. But if your just getting into the hobby Garrett250 is a home run. Hope I was of some help. L.I. Mike

I believe that about sums it up for me, thanx guys and gal(s). ;)

I've heard nothing but good about Whites PI machine, so I'll probably either go with this one and use it for land too (yea, I'll dig it all, oh well) or I'll save up for an Excal towards the end of the year, that is if something else doesn't hit the market that catches my eye before that time.

Thanx again!

Back
Top Bottom